Crazy Stats from MSN Adcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

threehundred

Aug 22, 2006
Anyone experiencing crazy shit going on with MSN Adcenter? Maybe its just my account, but I have a campaign with .19 as the Maximum CPC. I check my stats to see what i've spent today, and its a shit ton in comparison to normal. I downloaded my Keyword Performance stats, and sure enough, I have some keywords being charged as much as $13, even though right beside it, the Maximum CPC still says .19. They are working on it now and will get back to me.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or just me with all the bad luck?

In the past, I've had some problems with Yahoo!'s Search Marketing system overcharging me, but I haven't heard anything about MSN recently.

What I did, and what you should do, is call them directly and make sure they will fix your problem asap. Yahoo! was very responsive to me, and I'd assume MSN would treat their advertisers the same way.

Good luck!

I did call them, and thus far they have been very responsive. We will see if that holds up after they call me back to give me their results. They said they would credit me once they figure out the whole problem. I will report back here after I receive their call.

Same here, $28 instead of $0.20. I'm on the phone right now, and according to the rep they are aware of the issue and will credit the amount to my account in a second.

good to hear its happening to others. I'd suggest everyone that looks in here and uses Adcenter to check their accounts.

It seems as though all of the bids were set to "Make Number 1". Now we'll see what their solution to this is.

Gopherr, let me know if you get your credit back and how they go about it.

Alright, I'm gonna get the credit, the only problem is as I was using the promo codes they can't credit my directly, and instead my rep will periodically apply some credit as I accumulate more charges. I just hope they don't close my 3 additional accounts, as they all used the promo codes ...

But I gotta say, the AdCenter support is superb. Every single time I called them, they were able to help me out while I was on the phone with them.

One time they had a problem where no matter which ad you clicked on, it went to an error page. It had been going on for about 30 minutes. I called and they guy didn't know anything about it. He contacted someone else, and they didn't know it was happening. He thanked me for letting them know of the problem.

That's their only job, to get money through people clicking ads. Their whole source of income was completely out of order and they did not realize this for at least 30 minutes, and it took someone calling for them to realize. That's fucked up

Did they get you sorted out?

spent about 4 hours on the phone with them trying to explain that it is the problem on their end, not me "not being able to adjust bids properly"

it was about 50$, so I got tired of wasting my time and just stopped calling. They were taking it seriously though.

adcenter is a mess now, the keyword checking program that they use now is totally broken. It deletes half of my keywords for no reason. Im appealing rejections almost every day

Yeppp, this only happened in the last 24 hours i think. I just paused my fucking campaigns and sent them an email just now.

me too

DAMNIT MICROSOFT. Can u do anything right? IE7 is slow and bugged out. Vista is a joke. The Zune is ugly. And now, my last standout, adCenter.Top Bid: .19Current Spend $75 today on 17. Yes, 17! lousy clicks. You do the math Mr. Gates. I know WF 2.0 says not to curse for no reason. But this is reason enough. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ. Apparently I just spent $341 on 11 clicks. My monthly budget for this order...$50. Definitely calling them tomorrow.

Edit: Just checked yesterday's stats and I payed $165 per click for one of my campaigns.

Did anyone get this resolved? How did they resolve this? Charged you minimum bid or max cpc instead?

Jaye

Happened to me too, only 0.5$ clicks tho, still 10x as much as I usually pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.