CPA Network Pays in Bitcoin?

The biggest hitch I see with paying in Bitcoin would be the same as I'd see in paying with anything else that's not a USD: exchange rate volatility. If there is a significant change in the exchange rate from when USD is converted to BTC and then subsequently changed back into USD (for traffic purchases, etc.), margins could be eliminated.
It seems you are not aware that the two largest merchant services in the bitcoin world, Bitpay and Coinbase, both protect their merchants from exchange rate volatility and accept any exchanges on the fly, in both directions. There is no holding time unless you want one! It's been this way for over a year...

It's hard for businesses to get out of the frame of mind that the limitations of the old dinosaur payment networks installed in them. No longer do you need to do things like withdraw a huge amount of money one time then disperse it yourself just to avoid CC fees... With a whole new payment network you get whole new options.

Of course no one can guarantee the volatility wouldn't smoke some crack if you were to withdraw it all at once and hold it long enough to send to your affiliates, but if all you're going to do with them is pay out affiliates with coin from a USD-denominated account, why not change each individual affiliate payment from USD to BTC as you send it to them? They've got APIs for this kind of stuff to make it easier for you.

Its not really that surprising from the amount of fraud and spam traffic that CPA Networks accept and payout on =]
With all due respect, please let me know which network you have operated that allows you to make a blanket statement of this sort, without that statement being nothing more than conjecture?

How many wires do CPA Networks sent to Cyprus and offshore bank accounts? hrmmm
Almost none actually, at least with us.

It seems you are not aware that the two largest merchant services in the bitcoin world, Bitpay and Coinbase, both protect their merchants from exchange rate volatility and accept any exchanges on the fly, in both directions. There is no holding time unless you want one! It's been this way for over a year

The volatility risk I speak of is more related to two transactions done several days apart.

i.e.

June 1 - Payment from network to affiliate. BTC value is $650 USD. $1000 USD earnings converted to 1.538462 BTC.

June 10 - Payment from affiliate to traffic source. BTC value dropped to $620. 1.538462 BTC converted to $953.85 USD.

While a $50 drop doesn't seem like much, if affiliate is running a 20% profit margin, that represents 25% of their margin, which is steep.

Now I realize:
- the affiliate could convert BTC to USD on the day they receive it to avoid this scenario, but it defeats the purpose of paying in BTC.
- the affiliate gains when the BTC value goes up, but affiliate now needs to include speculation in their profitability metrics

I'm by far no expert in BTC, but operating in Canada, I'm forced to consider this type of exchange rate speculation converting USD to CAD and back.

The volatility risk I speak of is more related to two transactions done several days apart.

i.e.

June 1 - Payment from network to affiliate. BTC value is $650 USD. $1000 USD earnings converted to 1.538462 BTC.

June 10 - Payment from affiliate to traffic source. BTC value dropped to $620. 1.538462 BTC converted to $953.85 USD.
So you're not concerned with your own potential losses, but that of the affiliate so he/she can stay in business?

Now I realize:
- the affiliate could convert BTC to USD on the day they receive it to avoid this scenario, but it defeats the purpose of paying in BTC.
Clearly this scenario doesn't help anyone.

- the affiliate gains when the BTC value goes up, but affiliate now needs to include speculation in their profitability metrics
Here's where you aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Those thousands of people I'm talking about, they already think two things that you probably won't believe yet yourself:

1. That bitcoin's price will generally keep going up, so a $50 loss today is nothing compared to the future price of a bitcoin, which could be 100x today's price.

2. So therefore they would like to earn bitcoins but spend Fiat on advertisers... Basically using their business to churn all of their 'worthless' money into 'real' money.​

This only leaves the question of how many of them have fiat reserves/income to buy all that advertising with. Of course that number is far smaller than the thousands of people that are looking for something like this, but perhaps if a large-enough advertising source could be found to accept bitcoin too, then the whole loop would be closed. (Yes, there are many smaller advertising companies like Anonymous Ads but nothing yet like a bulk PPC seller.)

Anyway, assuming that this would only be an option for you to pay out in, instead of the normal payment process, you've got nothing to lose and a whole potential workforce to gain. Just keep it in mind, I think you'll find the community is growing so fast that before the end of the year, you'll be really tempted.

BitCORN, I like that. Maybe I will think about offering that to my affiliates, with specific rules. Net-30 for fraud, payout on an exact day each month no matter what, use Coinbase or Bitpay for the transaction. The risk is with the affiliate. I wonder how many out there would go for it?

It's definitely an interesting idea in that it would automatically give that network a distinct differentiation (... now paying in BitCoin!) Like PeerFly mentioned, if demand goes up I could see it inevitably happening.

If LukeP is serious about promoting Bitcoin then he should try to arrange a joint venture with MaxSteve. I think bitcoin payouts would be really popular for affiliates actually. I personally vote for offering it.

Why not offer the option and see if anyone bites? I bet you'll be surprised with the amount of interest. There's plenty of merchants around that take bitcoin.

Personally I am supportive of anything that makes it easier for people to obtain bitcoins, since obtaining bitcoins for spending and converting bitcoins to a fiat currency are the two most cumbersome processes involving bitcoins.

62qEn2M.jpg