College Student In Need of Affiliates and Guidance!

The joke is not that he is getting a degree. It's getting a degree in what is essentially a mindset. It's like having a degree in positive thinking. What does an entrepreneurship degree offer that a degree in finance, mgmt or whatever doesn't? There are certain skills and knowledge that are essential for a person to have to be successful as an entrepreneur, but either you have the personality to be an entrepreneur or you don't. And who is going to take a degree in "Entrepreneurship" seriously? If you want the skills needed and a degree to go with it, why not get a real business degree? I guess that's the point.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I also got a MBA with a specialization in Entrepreneurship. It's true that entrepreneurship is a unique topic to teach, however to be a successful entrepreneur there are a number of skills you usually have to have. And those skills can be taught. And that was what the degree was good for.

Not saying a degree in Entrepreneurship is necessary by any means, or that it would even be use to all entrepreneurs...but it can help. Within 3 months of leaving my program, I raised 6 figures from investors to start my first company. Pretty sure I wouldn't have received that money, or even came up with that idea, if I didn't get the degree.

Good luck with your company bro.
 


Yeah some things in entrepreneurship can be taught but they can also be learned just as easily by actually running a business and not paying some schmucks at a college who couldn't run a real business 80k to teach you.
 
Yeah some things in entrepreneurship can be taught but they can also be learned just as easily by actually running a business and not paying some schmucks at a college who couldn't run a real business 80k to teach you.

That's where you're wrong idiot, and the reason that comment pisses me off is because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Most decent business colleges have great professors who either have run a company and sold it, or have done in-depth research on other companies and know their shit from years of teaching. So you just need to shut the fuck up.

I've taken an entrepreneurship course, and it similarly to the comment above taught me tons of shit I hadn't known, and what I learned there helped me land 4 angel investors who invested in my company and helped me turn it profitable before I sold 2 years ago.

So again, stfu. You have no idea what the fuck you're takling about.
 
Yeah some things in entrepreneurship can be taught but they can also be learned just as easily by actually running a business and not paying some schmucks at a college who couldn't run a real business 80k to teach you.

For some people...

Other people would lose a lot more than 80k, or make 80k less than they would have with the training.

I think I would have done fine without it. I'm just saying, the degree isn't useless for everyone.
 
Lets be real here. If you didn't go to college to get drunk every day of the week and bang skanky girls without wearing protection then you are a complete failure. Degrees don't mean shit.Getting any type of normal job sucks no matter how you look at it. Hence, we all try to make money on our own terms. If my college offered entrepreneurship as a major, i would chosen it in a flash. Good luck with your supplements man.
 
Lets be real here. If you didn't go to college to get drunk every day of the week and bang skanky girls without wearing protection then you are a complete failure. Degrees don't mean shit.Getting any type of normal job sucks no matter how you look at it. Hence, we all try to make money on our own terms. If my college offered entrepreneurship as a major, i would chosen it in a flash. Good luck with your supplements man.

This is where I have to disagree. I'm one of the people that thinks a college degree is important, even if you never plan to work for someone else. If you're taking the right classes and you take your education seriously you can learn a lot of EXTREMELY valuable information that will help you out in life.

I've taken a couple "entrepreneurship" type classes and learned a lot of good info. I don't think an entire degree in entrepreneurship makes sense - but that's just my opinion. (Full disclosure - I only have an Associates Degree in Business Management). I would advise someone to specialize in finance, and I guarantee you would do even better with angel investors if you need them, future employers if you need them or just plain old knowledge if you need it.

To the OP - the fact that you've decided to get a degree is a good thing. Some people are making a lot of money so they don't think they need one, but having a degree is always better than not having a degree, so good luck with your product. And as long as you never plan to work for the man, then your Entrepreneurship Degree will never be an issue.
 
I do agree that I learned some in college. My degree is a BA in econ. I do use some of that knowledge in my projects, but for the most part, I could of learned that stuff on my own and not paid a shit ton of money. In High school I was led on to believe that if i got a degree I would get a good high paying job and that was what I was supposed to do with my life.

I guess one of the main things college taught me was that I was getting bullshitted to my whole life about education.

I consider college one of the biggest scams that I have been a part of. But I sell insurance now, to raise capital for my projects... so maybe im just really bitter :2drinkspit: To each their own though, college can be right for the right person. But chances are if you have to pay 200 dollars for a textbook that you'll read 5 times in a semester, your being scammed.
 
I do agree that I learned some in college. My degree is a BA in econ. I do use some of that knowledge in my projects, but for the most part, I could of learned that stuff on my own and not paid a shit ton of money. In High school I was led on to believe that if i got a degree I would get a good high paying job and that was what I was supposed to do with my life.

I guess one of the main things college taught me was that I was getting bullshitted to my whole life about education.

I consider college one of the biggest scams that I have been a part of. But I sell insurance now, to raise capital for my projects... so maybe im just really bitter :2drinkspit: To each their own though, college can be right for the right person. But chances are if you have to pay 200 dollars for a textbook that you'll read 5 times in a semester, your being scammed.

Oh yeah, the price of tuition and textbooks especially are a scam for sure. You'll get no disagreement there.
 
Lets be real here. If you didn't go to college to get drunk every day of the week and bang skanky girls without wearing protection then you are a complete failure. Degrees don't mean shit.Getting any type of normal job sucks no matter how you look at it. Hence, we all try to make money on our own terms. If my college offered entrepreneurship as a major, i would chosen it in a flash. Good luck with your supplements man.

some of us actually had real majors :321: your communications degree, maybe you could do that.