College... meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined a program at Full Sail University that only takes 21 months because I really don't think I'd make it 4 years. I'm here for video game development and while I love programming..I'm losing interest in it fast and enjoy affiliate marketing a lot more.

Obviously we all know you can make more in a week, or even a day with marketing than you can in a year at most programming jobs..but that isn't even the main thing for me, I'm discovering that I like the freedom affiliate marketing brings most and I can't wait until I finish these next 16 months and graduate with a degree that I won't use per say.

Though I do plan to open my own development studio down the road, I learned that I'm not very good with working for anyone other than myself :p

A degree from U of M can never be a bad thing. But try and focus on subjects that can directly help, or at least augment what you're doing now. ie Accounting, Business Law, Marketing classes, programming etc. You're going to take useless classes in college, but you can still learn some good shit.

You could learn anything on your own, but will you take the time to learn contract law, if you aren't studying for a test?

College is for drinking beer and chasing skirt. I lasted 3 semesters before they asked me to "take a break". Now that was 15 years ago and I am still on that break. I have a brother that is a doctor and a sister that is a CPA. If you combine their income and then multiply that by 4 they would still make less than me. muuuuhahahahaha. They hate it too which makes it that much better.

Fuck skool. You can always outsource anything you would have learned there to the Indians anyway.

Hmm, school is worthless, unless you want to work for someone else (which is lame). The degree will land you a job somewhere, but I can honestly say I learned nothing useful in college. It was a waste of 4k; after the first semester I decided it'd be best to work for myself, and get an education online (self-taught).

I have a brother that is a doctor and a sister that is a CPA. If you combine their income and then multiply that by 4 they would still make less than me. muuuuhahahahaha. They hate it too which makes it that much better.
owned^8

"Internet Computing" - in the UK

lol?

I do that everyday already. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.