Case Study: Spending 25,000.00 on an offline biz using WickedFire BST services.

tim2963

Sep 16, 2010
South Florida
So I've been primarily a lurker on these forums for the past 5 years and even though I only have 5 or so iTrader, I've spent around 50k through different providers over the years (Mostly in 2010 and 2011 before the major Google spam updates started rolling through every other month). Since then I have taken a step back and reevaluated how I was going to move forward with SEO in the future.

These days I have dropped all of my clients and now only invest in offline businesses that are willing to offer me a percentage of their company to handle their marketing (much more lucrative).

Anyways I figured since I have learned so much over the years from a (select few) WickedFire members that i would post my most recent project here and the service providers I'll be using.

____

First thing is first. I always try and hit up the following two threads and make sure I stick as close as possible to what these two suggest.

CCarter - Brand thread (SERPwoo is the shit)
I follow pretty close to what he does here for the exception of completely avoiding Fiverr services. I use 48hourslogo.com for my logos, I always buy a premium theme from themeforest (and then heavily modify it), I don't use any UPS mailboxes or known virtual offices like Davinci & instead go with shared work spaces or little known virtual offices. (even though you can get a suite number from a UPS box, it is very easy to tell you have a UPS box from the street view), lastly, since I am marketing an offline business I only do 1-2k followers and likes on the social media sites. Everything else I pretty much follow to the T.

dzianis - I won't start link building until 6/1/15 after all of my local places and social media have all been finished or have all been running for a month or so but I like to read over this older thread a lot when I am planning my link-building and then scale it up. This guy really knows his shit. Blue Hat SEO Contest

_____

Services:

Content:

- Thread here - This guy only had 35 posts, but he definitely delivered. His writers are 100% not Indian (lol) perfect grammar, with really well done niche and keyword research. Also a very quick TAT. Already purchased around 100k words and will probably be adding another 200k words of long tail blog posts over the next few months. (Use this guy!)______________

Social Media:

I use two providers here, one to setup the profiles and keep the profiles fresh and another for shares. Both guys are fuckin awesome and over deliver every time.

Shares:

[FONT=&quot]Diablo9975 and I purchase 270.00 package (Pack E, I think)

His Thread is Here[/FONT] and he seems to always over deliver.

Brand Setup & Posting (Also Google Local):

[FONT=&quot]Andrew Scherer[/FONT] - His thread here.

I know there are other providers on here who offer the same services or similar, but I have found that he has done the best work for me when it comes to local citations. (Side note: AdamSteele is an absolute fuck face who has scammed me out of 2400.00 in the past and since he is based out of Canada I didn't pursue any legal actions against him. DON'T USE HIM).

I'm buying the follow from Andrew for 8 separate locations (3 real - 5 Virtual Offices)

Bare Essentials (x8)
Content Kings (x8)
Underdogs (x8)
Big Bertha (x8)

This will start my social media and also secure my brand name across tons of social media sites. (Brand Name - City)

Google Local Business:

Hyper Local Citations - 40 (x8)
Big Citations (x8)
Rich Media Citations (x8)

Link Building:

I have selected several people for this (One of which is banned on this forum)

1. This is the where the majority of my money will be going.
Second & Skohh - Stuff that works without Spam (I am really excited about this one.) Will begin around 6/1/15

2. Infographics - I bought 3 from Member8200
They do really good graphic design work (Poor English though - but no biggie) I plan on trying to get these out to several high end blogs and promoting them on Social Media (Hopefully they go Viral).

3. This guy has an absolute shit rep on this forum, but he has a lot of solid reviews on other forums and his new service is one of a kind so I decided to risk it. Hopefully he doesn't take my 3k and run lol) Nanexo!

4. Shakeitout - Thread here - Going to be purchasing 20 Topical Tropical posts.

5. Kingofthewiki - Thread here - Getting one Wikipedia link for an exact keyword.

I will be posting rankings as I go and as more things get started.

For now, just by following CCarters thread I am already ranking top 20 for most keywords with content alone and even have a few top 3's.

So far so good!

Software I'm using:
SERPWoo, Ahrefs, Moz, Majestic, SEMRush, SERPBook, and several others. If you want graphs just let me know.

Last edited:

You can delete the post above.

Here we are for today 5/14/15

As you can see the lower MS keys are actually ranking by themselves with just content and CCarters Brand go-by.

mb9vnlp

Topical trust is all wrong here and the TR is shit but the only backlinks I have right now are coming from an old 301'd domain which had to be forwarded. I'm sure this won't be an issue once the links start getting built.

nf8dtac

Nothing worth anything yet on Moz.

o2m5llf

Keyword rankings for the higher traffic non-city targeted keywords.

p872f3z

Local city targeted keywords, not bad for not having started link-building yet. Don't let the 0 MS fool you, SERPBook doesn't know wtf it is talking about.

I imagine you're tracking this, but are you willing to post the direct revenue impact?

I will post weekly revenue and amount of traffic, call volume through Callfire.

2 calls today - One business related and the other a sales call.
No live chats
No texts

Haven't checked web traffic.

AVG job profit is around 6k when closed. Can get the really rare jobs that go for over 100k in this niche. CPC 80.00 - 350.00

While I admire your gusto, SEO isn't a one size fits all situation. There is a bit of a blueprint, but it isn't as simple as ordering a bunch of BSTs. I cuddle with Andrew and Ross, but at the end of a long night of partying, I go home by myself. Get what I'm saying?

If you don't, that's cool. I still offer cuddles for $100 per hour. My place or yours.

Listen to @jstover77

I have a lot of respect for all of these service providers and call most of them my friends...but I think you need a better understanding of what ranks sites for the long haul before you drop this kind of money. There are other variables in play here.

It'll be cool to see how this case study plays out...but I'd hate to see you lose $25k because you were slapped with some kind of penalty.

Nanexo? This thread's a joke, right?

haha, he is definitely a wild card, but he seems to know his shit and life outside of wickedfire yields a ton of positive reviews. He showed me a few things as well which led me to believe that his portfolio and infographics for his services along with other things just have too much work in them to be running a scam. But we will see!

I think there is a whole section missing to this from the OP ( thanks for the SERPWoo shout out BTW, you gonna be in the webinar today... right? )

Who built the site?

Was the site already built before you came into the business, or did you build it?

If you built it, was it you or an outsource job?

Who did the content and how much?

etc.

I think there is a whole section missing to this from the OP ( thanks for the SERPWoo shout out BTW, you gonna be in the webinar today... right? )

Who built the site?

Was the site already built before you came into the business, or did you build it?

If you built it, was it you or an outsource job?

Who did the content and how much?

etc.

I don't know if I will be around to catch the webinar, you will have it available afterwards right?

I built the site in WordPress and used GoDaddy's new WordPress hosting service, not many people seem to know about it, but it has unlimited everything and it is extremely fast. Pretty expensive though.

I bought an extended SSL, registered the .com,.net,.org,.co,.info until 2025, same with hosting.

It is a SILO site

I hired a coder to help me get the page speed way down and to fix a few PHP errors that I just couldn't seem to get.

I made sure the site is w3c verified and I entered in schema where I could.

I use Jivochat for the live chat/proactive chat. They have an app that shoots a text directly to my phone to help close out biz. You'd be surprised how many people will contact me from work and can't talk on the phone at that moment.

I use CallFire for the toll-free and then 8 local numbers.

The website currently has around 100-120 pages of content, all done by the provider I listed above. I will also be adding another 100-200 blog posts related to long tail keys over the next 3 months.

Content costs 0.025 a word. But it is done with the proper research, has relevant OBL's, and has gotten me on Wikipedia as a reference in my niche.

There was a website before me, but it wasn't on the current domain. It was http://brandname-state.com, I purchased https://brandname.com from an old lady in Canada, she actually gave it to me for free. The only links the site has currently are the old 301'd links from the original site, but all of it's content and the site itself are gone. It's link profile wasn't worth anything.

I still offer cuddles for $100 per hour. My place or yours.

Nice one @ jstover77

I hope Tim is not marketing for offline clients and then some online, following the same business model.

Some of the people on the list like CCarter Dzianis, and Andrew( sorry if I missed anyone else that offer great services) look natural picks.

As for others, I'd take it with a pinch of salt, because I'm still stuck with the following comment by OP :tongue2:

now only invest in offline businesses that are willing to offer me a percentage of their company to handle their marketing (much more lucrative).

Nice one @ jstover77

I hope Tim is not marketing for offline clients and then some online, following the same business model.

Some of the people on the list like CCarter Dzianis, and Andrew( sorry if I missed anyone else that offer great services) look natural picks.

As for others, I'd take it with a pinch of salt, because I'm still stuck with the following comment by OP :tongue2:

What?

(Side note: AdamSteele is an absolute fuck face who has scammed me out of 2400.00 in the past and since he is based out of Canada I didn't pursue any legal actions against him. DON'T USE HIM)
Are you talking about this guy

47R23oH.png

?

More info on this please.

Are you talking about this guy

47R23oH.png

?

More info on this please.

Yes I am, I had paid him 400.00 a few years back to get me to the A spot for a weight loss company. He did a great job so I sent him 2400.00 for several other addresses where he promised to provide virtual address and A rankings. After months of no results he told me he no longer wanted work with me (lol?) and referred me to someone else, no refund. Since he is based outside of the country I felt it wasn't enough money to pursue legal action, and at that time I was past Paypal's dispute date. SOL

So I contacted the person he referred me to just to find out that he had actual subbed the first job out to this guy, so he wasn't even the one that did the good work originally. I actually made a thread here about it and pretty much nobody believed me.