Can't get a website to rank at all

BlackCommando

Mar 31, 2013
Near Philadelphia
Recently I revamped my authority website and moved it to a new domain. And since doing that I have yet to receive any page rank at all from the Lords of Google. Can any of the enlightened members here look at my site and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here it is:
www.spysafehouse.com

Well, you dont have any backlinks.

I'd say that has a lot to do with it for starters.. also, dont worry about page rank.

<tinfoil> this is actually a subliminal post to get you more backlinks </tinfoil>

To rank in search engines.
What I would really like to get would be more traffic. The website hardly gets 30 hits a day, from what I can tell. I do have some back links just not much. Had more with the old domain name, but haven't followed through getting the other websites to change their settings. I was told my old domain name sounded spammy, so I went with the new one.
I'm concerned because the SEOquake bar keeps showing n/a for the Google rank. Have ran some other rank checks and have come up with nada. So I figure I must be doing something wrong.

To rank in search engines.
What I would really like to get would be more traffic. The website hardly gets 30 hits a day, from what I can tell. I do have some back links just not much. Had more with the old domain name, but haven't followed through getting the other websites to change their settings. I was told my old domain name sounded spammy, so I went with the new one.
I'm concerned because the SEOquake bar keeps showing n/a for the Google rank. Have ran some other rank checks and have come up with nada. So I figure I must be doing something wrong.

How are you trying to build links? And acquire traffic?

I'm trying to build traffic by posting each new article to Facebook groups, twitter, and my Google Plus account. I've just started watermarking images to Pinterest and Instagram. Had links from other related sites and now need to get those back. Lost a lot when I revamped the website.

I'm trying to build traffic by posting each new article to Facebook groups, twitter, and my Google Plus account. I've just started watermarking images to Pinterest and Instagram. Had links from other related sites and now need to get those back. Lost a lot when I revamped the website.

That's your problem. All of those social sites FB, Twitter, G+ are No Follow aka google does not transfer link juice from those sites to yours. Get back those related site links and I bet you will see a bump.

What are using to try to get traffic to your site? Anything? Maybe we could help you out more if you told us your strategy for traffic.

1. You should never post your link here to WF, bad things can happen.

2. When I personally visited your site, I had no clue what it was about.... and that's a problem.

3. You say authority site but in all reality there is no authority on the site. Read some enlightened threads on here in which guys go over expressing authority to your visitors in which will create trust. Trust = conversions

What's the point in posting to Facebook, Twitter and G+ when you don't have a following? Either work on building your audience on those platforms, or work on your site itself first. If a tree falls in the woods and so on...

Your featured images are are no bueno, they don't make me want to click on any of your articles and the sizing of them is messed up so they look all distorted on your homepage.

You need a better logo.

You need to finish off the footer on your site, right now it just has the words "Google Plus".

I wouldn't put the disclosure right in the sidebar..

Look at all the white space on your homepage that's wasted because of that logo taking up a bunch of space... You'd be better off just having the title of your site in normal text.

None of the titles of your posts inspire me to want to click and read them.

Take a look at some of the more popular sites in your niche, then look at yours, then look at me, now I'm on a horse, then look back at your website and hopefully you'll be able to see past the "Hey I made this!!" pride and to look at it objectively to see that it doesn't look like other sites.

What's with the bright red?

There's a lot to work on before you start worrying about traffic. Hopefully you take my criticism constructively. How in the hell are you going to call that an authority site? Does "authority" literally mean anything at all these days? It's offensive to people who have worked years to learn how to make great authority sites to call that one.

Having said that.. it's not hopeless.

Your site definitely needs some TLC tho. Once it doesn't look really bad, I would start thinking about building up an audience and sending traffic to it. If you're just going through the motions of posting to Twitter and FB etc without reaching an audience or getting traffic then that's the definition of insanity. WTF makes you feel entitled to get traffic when your titles and featured images aren't compelling, and when your site isn't even done? If it was that easy, there wouldn't be any threads like this...

What's the point in posting to Facebook, Twitter and G+ when you don't have a following? Either work on building your audience on those platforms, or work on your site itself first. If a tree falls in the woods and so on...

Your featured images are are no bueno, they don't make me want to click on any of your articles and the sizing of them is messed up so they look all distorted on your homepage.

You need a better logo.

You need to finish off the footer on your site, right now it just has the words "Google Plus".

Look at all the white space on your homepage that's wasted because of that logo taking up a bunch of space... You'd be better off just having the title of your site in normal text.

Take a look at some of the more popular sites in your niche, then look at yours, then look at me, now I'm on a horse, then look back at your website and hopefully you'll be able to see past the "Hey I made this!!" pride and to look at it objectively to see that it doesn't look like other sites.

There's a lot to work on before you start worrying about traffic. Hopefully you take my criticism constructively. How in the hell are you going to call that an authority site? Does "authority" literally mean anything at all these days? It's offensive to people who have worked years to learn how to make great authority sites to call that one.

Your site definitely needs some TLC tho. Once it doesn't look really bad, I would start thinking about building up an audience and sending traffic to it. If you're just going through the motions of posting to Twitter and FB etc without reaching an audience or getting traffic then that's the definition of insanity. WTF makes you feel entitled to get traffic when your titles and featured images aren't compelling, and when your site isn't even done? If it was that easy, there wouldn't be any threads like this...

OP, read this, read it 1,000 times if you have to.

Site looks totally untrustworthy (complete rubbish). With adblock on there are a ton of blank spaces, with adblock off its worse and looks like a spammy MFA. Nothing makes me think "Wow, this is a genuine site!".

Listen to Pheasant. Better pictures, better titles and get a confidence inspiring logo. Read Ccarters "How i represent". Apply it. You will never get any "natural" links with that site, if that's your play.

Make sure the 301 redirects are working properly! The age of the domain also plays a role in the rankings.

(I would have moved it to a subdomain instead with 301 redirects)

Recently I revamped my authority website and moved it to a new domain. And since doing that I have yet to receive any page rank at all from the Lords of Google. Can any of the enlightened members here look at my site and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here it is:
Spy Safe House - Espionage! Fantasy! SciFi!Spy Safe House | Espionage! Fantasy! SciFi!

just create as much backlinks as the old one and if possible go for some advertisement in google...it will give u a better page rank..

Yes, you can! Make sure that you have uploaded sitemap and robot.txt file in the root directory of your website. To get your page ranked on Google, you will have to put a lot of efforts in online marketing through blog, social bookmarking, guest submissions, forum posting, press releases and social media marketing.

Follow the instructions what Pheasant told you. You will get the result.

You need a better logo.

Good advice.

Thanks. I've been busy with other projects and haven't had time to work on this in months. Plenty to think about and I'll do what I can to put some of the recommendations to work over the next few days.