Buying Gifts for Family

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
I fucking hate it. I can't figure out what to buy anyone and I hate shopping. This is some serious bullshit.

What types of gifts are you guys buying your family? Other than the obvious ... fleshlights.

every woman got the same pocketbook (that longchamp one that everyone has) with amex gift card inside.... dudes just got a gift card and if they liked always sunny in Philadelphia a dick towel to go with gift card

edit: prob too late but if anyone orders more then one dicktowel use dick11 for 25% off

My wife and I mostly just used gift cards we cashed out from our Chase points, hell yeah.

I got these all around

keurig_b70.jpg

got my retired dad a kick ass new recliner for him to be lazy in

got my bro who owns a construction co gift card to menards so he can pick up new tools an what not

new laptops for most everyone else, can never go wrong with those

the people who i don't like got $50 gift cards to random places

bigwill, please add stussy & myself to your christmas shopping list. :smilie_weihn_winki:

my wife & i have a baby boy due this april, so i prepped the in-laws & my folks that this year wont be anything outrageous - everyone's getting either a small amount of cash or a low-denomination mall gift card. boring, but simple. after all, it's the thought that counts, right?

I only have a small family here that does Christmas together. Mom, Dad, Sister Wife and new baby. Some uncles and others were thrown out of the holiday loop for being general assholes, so we just keep it small, which I like.

The presents were getting way out of control a couple years ago. Everyone was buying way too much for each other, so now we just pick names out of a hat. Everyone has a $200 spending limit for the person they pick, and a $25 limit for the rest of the family.

I got my dad this year and he wanted some DVD's and a couple other small things. He's a big time cigar smoker so I picked up a nice sampler of premium smokes online for him. He really doesn't give a shit, so he'll dig those.

I did however buy my wife a nice sterling silver bracelet with a small silver charm from Tiffanys. It's going to be engraved with our daughters birthday and a note that says "I love you Mom". I think she'll love it.

My sister has my name. I told her to get me Modern Warfare 2 so I could really tick off my wife. I never have ideas for Christmas. Probably because I buy any thing I want the rest of the year, and the things I might still want are way to pricey for an xmas list.

Oh, and our fucking Christmas tree is drying out. I'll be lucky if it makes it till next friday. Plenty of water in there, so I don't know what the hell the problem is.

Got my girlfriend a Wii for her dorm room. Mostly so I can play it :D Bought my parents a new wireless router because theirs at home is so shitty and I can never get good speeds while I am there.

If you hate shopping, just do all of it online during the black friday deals. It was really easy to just get it all out of the way and have everything delivered to your door.

I hate the idea of giving gift cards. You take money that was good everywhere and make it good at only one store, what a fantastic gift.

pppft... amateurs.

Christmas, no one gets ANYTHING. (Except for kids)

This is the true gift, as everyone in our family does not have to worry about presents and shit before Christmas.

At Christmas, we get together and have a nice evening, cook something fine and chat deep into the night.

::emp::

I hate the idea of giving gift cards. You take money that was good everywhere and make it good at only one store, what a fantastic gift.

Worse yet is "universal gift cards", like AmEx gift cards with fees on them. You pay $4+gift card amount to get one, then if you don't use it in a timeframe they take off like $5 per month.