Burger King sold for $3.26b

Yaxxx

#1 Handegg Hater
Sep 30, 2007
Never ate at Burger King in my life. But it reminds me of a Jin lyric when he was freestyle battling on 106 and park. "So you from BK? I heard they murder things. Only time he see beef is when he go to burger king" ololo.

Anyway, BBC News - Burger King sold to buy-out firm for $3.26bn (£2.1bn)

Burger King is being sold to private equity firm 3G Capital in a deal valued at $3.26bn (£2.1bn), it has been announced.

The fast food chain, with 12,100 outlets worldwide, had been the subject of takeover rumours for days.

Burger King floated on Wall Street in 2006, four years after being bought by a group of private equity firms.

The group - TPG Capital, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs Funds - still own 31% of Burger King shares.

The deal, worth $24 a share, comes after Burger King's stock price surged more than 15% on Wednesday and opened on Thursday up 23% at $23.25.
In a statement, the companies said that the deal represented a 46% premium to Burger King's share price before news of a possible takeover

surfaced.

I like BK, the flame-broiled taste and such but always seemed too expensive for fast food etc, least til they came out with the Buck Double lol.

Too expensive? Really? I guess if you stick to the menu deals or whatever. Order a bunch of things from the dollar menu, you can get a lot of food for $5.

You know what your getting when buying food at the commercial fast food chains, despite it's size in comparison, Burger King still makes a way better burger than McDonalds, if you can call what McDonalds does a burger.

Burger King is disgusting.

We have one right across the street from another "fast food" restaurant, Braums. Braums is always full of cars, and the Burger King is empty. I don't know how it stays in business, other than maybe they are selling something else there besides food.

Braums, imo, is well above any other chain fast food. 1/3 burgers are great, so are their chicken sandwiches, which are huge compared to Wendy's spicy chicken, and about the same price. Their skim milk is the best I've found. 30% less water than others, so in one cup you get 13 grams of protein. The breakfast chicken biscuit with egg & cheese is awesome, better than Chic-Fil-A. The only thing I'm not big on at Braum's is their fries, because they are crinkle cut, and I'd rather have curly..but other than that they are tops on just about everything, imo.

Braums.JPG

And what other fast food restaurant can you go into and get milk, ice cream, fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, cheeses, etc...
braumsmarketbest.jpg

Burger King is disgusting.

We have one right across the street from another "fast food" restaurant, Braums. Braums is always full of cars, and the Burger King is empty. I don't know how it stays in business, other than maybe they are selling something else there besides food.

Braums, imo, is well above any other chain fast food. 1/3 burgers are great, so are their chicken sandwiches, which are huge compared to Wendy's spicy chicken, and about the same price. Their skim milk is the best I've found. 30% less water than others, so in one cup you get 13 grams of protein. The breakfast chicken biscuit with egg & cheese is awesome, better than Chic-Fil-A. The only thing I'm not big on at Braum's is their fries, because they are crinkle cut, and I'd rather have curly..but other than that they are tops on just about everything, imo.

Braums.JPG

And what other fast food restaurant can you go into and get milk, ice cream, fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, cheeses, etc...
braumsmarketbest.jpg

I'd go into Burger King way before I went to whatever the fuck that place is. They probably survive on travelers and people that have never heard of that wacko fast food place. I for one have never seen one in my life and when I'm hungry, the last thing I want to do is try something new.

the bacon on the hamburger is usually all hard, grosses me out thinking it was probably sitting there overheated in a little bin for probably 2 weeks.

I'd go into Burger King way before I went to whatever the fuck that place is. They probably survive on travelers and people that have never heard of that wacko fast food place. I for one have never seen one in my life and when I'm hungry, the last thing I want to do is try something new.

If you've ever been to Oklahoma, Texas, or Missouri you'd know what it is. It's a regional chain that's freaking awesome. They actually have their own dairies and produce their own ice cream, milk, sour cream, etc. The shit is good.

A statement such as that tells me you've probably never went to any of the great mom and pop restaurants around the country...instead sticking to fast food, or chain restaurants you are familiar with.....very sad, you are missing some great food.

I used to be the same way...for several years I wanted something I was already familiar with, and that was chain restaurants. I eat out fairly often now, but I can't remember the last time I was at an actual chain restaurant, other than Braum's which is well above a regular chain as far as quality goes (there's a reason burger king across the street has 3 cars, and Braums has 30), and with 275 locations, it's a small chain at that. Thinking about it...I believe Braum's is the ONLY chain I go to. All other meals I eat out are local mom & pop restaurants.

Braums: If you haven't heard of them, it's because you don't live in the 300 mile radius of their plant.

"We vacuum process our milk through a Mechanical Vapor Recompressor (MVR) Processing System. In an hour, 9000 gallons of regular fat free skim milk goes through the MVR Processing System and 6000 gallons of Braum's Fat Free Skim Milk comes out, ready for bottling! Another advantage of Braum's unique MVR Processing System is taste. By processing the milk at lower temperatures, you eliminate the possibility of having a "cooked" flavor. By removing this water from the product, the milk is condensed or concentrated naturally, thereby automatically raising the levels of not-fat milk solids. Braum's Skim Milk is fat free and has 50% more protein, calcium, niacin, riboflavin and other essential nutrients than regular skim milk! It takes 3 gallons of regular skim milk to make 2 gallons of Braum's Fat Free Skim Milk."

If you've ever been to Oklahoma, Texas, or Missouri you'd know what it is. It's a regional chain that's freaking awesome. They actually have their own dairies and produce their own ice cream, milk, sour cream, etc. The shit is good.

I usually have 2 cups of their skim milk for breakfast. 260 calories, and 26 grams of protein.

Not really a big burger fan. You never know if they cook their meat fully or not.. Ick

Since you can order a burger from a decent burger joint rare or medium rare I fail to see your point.

We went to the Burger Joint in the Parker Meridian hotel in New York at ASE and oh man that was a good burger.

The Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan

Burger Joint at LE PARKER MERIDIEN Hotel New York

I worked at Burger King for about 2 months back in high school, had to pay off a big ass phone bill I racked up calling my long distance gf.

Worst job I ever had.. the carrot they kept trying to tea bag me with was that if I did real good I could work the cheese station SOME DAY.

I never made the cheese station :(

oh man I used to stop at BK every morning for:

Dr. Pepper, sausage-egg-cheese croissant, and those little hashbrowns

I'd be shitting in an hour, but so worth it :)

Also, I remember a long time ago they had $2 whoppers Tuesdays. Everyone at work would have them. lol