Building/Ranking Our Growing Forum

And this is why you guys probably fail, while we've built ourselves in advertising from the ground up ($xxx,xxx+). No ambition to compete.

GTFO, don't need your useless advice. Someone with more knowledge please comment for these fools.

I don't understand, you spent $XXX,XXX on advertising? Or Made $XXX,XXX in advertising so far?

If you actually spent over $100,000 advertising to send traffic to that site IMO that is dangerously misguided.

To succeed and stand out in this space you are going to need absolutely world class original content.

I'm not saying you can't succeed, but I truly believe that bodybuilding/fitness is the most crowded and competitive online blog space. Health has always been number 1, but bodybuilding is really emerging and there are some really strong players in the space right now.

Truly, good luck.

So you spent $xxx,xxx on nothing?

Or, you spent $xxx,xxx to tell one guy who told 1500 other twinks and juiceheads about your awesome forum.

Ahh here we go again, another social awkward pretending to be funny on the internet.

Let me clarify for you, since you have the IQ of an ant.

While we've built ourselves in advertising from the ground up ($xxx,xxx+).
We have $xxx,xxx, revenue that we've generated from advertising, to invest in building/ranking our site and forum.

I don't understand, you spent $XXX,XXX on advertising? Or Made $XXX,XXX in advertising so far?

If you actually spent over $100,000 advertising to send traffic to that site IMO that is dangerously misguided.

To succeed and stand out in this space you are going to need absolutely world class original content.

I'm not saying you can't succeed, but I truly believe that bodybuilding/fitness is the most crowded and competitive online blog space. Health has always been number 1, but bodybuilding is really emerging and there are some really strong players in the space right now.

Truly, good luck.

We'll take over, I assure you.

No, I believe he invested that in improving Alexa rankings

s5MaY.png

Oh, heh, whoops..

Lol'd. The site is two weeks old.

Years ago i went to a park to try crayfishing and learned that you use a common kitchen fork to spear the little bastards. can you believe that all it took was a kitchen fork

We'll take over, I assure you.

Forums are tough. I mean, what is your unique value proposition? What is the benefit of your forum as compared to all the other forums focusing on the same niche?

If you can't answer this question immediately, you'll probably need to figure out what you can use as a UVP, or invent some imaginary benefit that you can package as a UVP.

For example, I like WF because it's a gay webmaster forum that isn't full of faggots like DigitalPoint and WarriorForum. Now, a faggot-free gay webmaster forum sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? That's Wickedfire's UVP.

Set yourself apart from your competitors in some way to attract new users, then make sure you have engaging content and discussions on the site to keep them coming back. Easier said than done.

Forums are tough. I mean, what is your unique value proposition? What is the benefit of your forum as compared to all the other forums focusing on the same niche?

If you can't answer this question immediately, you'll probably need to figure out what you can use as a UVP, or invent some imaginary benefit that you can package as a UVP.

For example, I like WF because it's a gay webmaster forum that isn't full of faggots like DigitalPoint and WarriorForum. Now, a faggot-free gay webmaster forum sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? That's Wickedfire's UVP.

Set yourself apart from your competitors in some way to attract new users, then make sure you have engaging content and discussions on the site to keep them coming back. Easier said than done.

The reason we've gotten 1500-1600 users to join in the last 3 days is because our forums are more chill, laid back, without power-tripping mods that are present on BB.com forums. All these users came from there.

Besides that, we're still carving out our niche, but we'll be holding daily contest giveaways, giving away different supplements. Winners will be selected, at random, from their participation in the forums. We've already built the page for this:

Muscle Shred - Sweepstakes | Facebook

We're going to continue rewarding supplements for a long time, and have unique content-writers write unique content. But we need to know how we can sustain it long-term with other methods of promotion (SEO, etc.)---hence this thread.

The reason we've gotten 1500-1600 users to join in the last 3 days is because our forums are more chill, laid back, without power-tripping mods that are present on BB.com forums. All these users came from there.

Besides that, we're still carving out our niche, but we'll be holding daily contest giveaways, giving away different supplements. Winners will be selected, at random, from their participation in the forums. We've already built the page for this:

Muscle Shred - Sweepstakes | Facebook

We're going to continue rewarding supplements for a long time, and have unique content-writers write unique content. But we need to know how we can sustain it long-term with other methods of promotion (SEO, etc.)---hence this thread.

So you aren't actually giving out $65 vouchers to Sizzler for all new members??

All of the above sound good. I'm not convinced "chill and laid back" brings people in the door, but contests and giveaways definitely do. Dickrolls too.

So you aren't actually giving out $65 vouchers to Sizzler for all new members??

All of the above sound good. I'm not convinced "chill and laid back" brings people in the door, but contests and giveaways definitely do. Dickrolls too.

You'd be surprised. So many forums now are up tight about steroid talk, posting nudes, etc. Our forums allow no censorship on these issues, which is a huge factor.

But for sustained methods of promotion, we are going to implement contests/giveaways.

You'd be surprised. So many forums now are up tight about steroid talk, posting nudes, etc. Our forums allow no censorship on these issues, which is a huge factor.

But for sustained methods of promotion, we are going to implement contests/giveaways.

So you are telling me that if I want to stare at some musclebound dude's cock while I try to set up an illegal drug deal with another user on your forum, you are cool with it?

If so, that should be up in the header somewhere.