Building Lyrics Site in 2012

axxomarketing

Aug 21, 2007
I always wanted to build a lyrics site from scratch. I have scraped MetroLyrics and AZLyrics using Perl. But I don't know whether it will be a good investment of my time considering that there are too many lyrics sites right now. It is the opportunity cost I am thinking. What do you guys think?

If you are smart, this is a really good niche...Actually an evergreen niche...
But you need to be really innovative.. Only remember that adsense pays shit, and ringtones don't convert like they used to..

But you can rank even now.. Just make sure that you are the first one to post a new lyrics when they come out... and keep posting only the latest lyrics....

Don't have too many old lyrics, and if you have to, then upload images of the lyrics...

Also go niche...

There you good... I was in a good mood today, as google was actually good to me overall in today's update.

Reactions: axxomarketing
+1

Thank you blogspotter. I really appreciate it.

If you are smart, this is a really good niche...Actually an evergreen niche...
But you need to be really innovative.. Only remember that adsense pays shit, and ringtones don't convert like they used to..

But you can rank even now.. Just make sure that you are the first one to post a new lyrics when they come out... and keep posting only the latest lyrics....

Don't have too many old lyrics, and if you have to, then upload images of the lyrics...

Also go niche...

There you good... I was in a good mood today, as google was actually good to me overall in today's update.

that is good bro, consider linkin park, eminem at the biggest hit of all times, or if you want their lyrics you are welcome :)

I've been building what is basically a tab site for one particular world famous band (yes ChrisS, that band) for like a year now, slowly but surely. I haven't done any SEO on it really since I've been soft launching it the past year. As for the lyrics/chords I'm using only images, watermarked in the background with the URL. It's a double edged sword of course, cause even though the legal people probably won't find you as quickly, neither will the users looking for the lyrics. But at least no one is going to steal your shit.

I'm not worried about the legalities of mine so much cause I was fortunate enough to actually run it by the band at a bar one time and they were totally cool with it. I don't know if their lawyers will feel the same way, but we'll see.

The lyrics niche as a whole does seem pretty competitive, from what I can tell.

If you wanna swap links, let me know.

Gdei5.png

got rolled

motherfucker

Why would you bother? It'd be so hard to monetise to make it worth your while and the competition is insane.

I would have never guessed that people would have trouble monetizing a site with a popup hell and seemingly every incompatible java script available for my browser.