Brutal Rugby Hits

Some of those Union ones I caught were illegal, cannot tackle a player when is in the air / jumping

Yeah - in both forms that's illegal.

I disagree, I find League more interesting to watching and I would certainly consider Union players better athletes.

Hmm, most NRL playes that swicth usually make it into the Super 14 at least and most often the international squad. In Australia you have Sailor, Tuquiri, Rogers etc etc and even Brad Thorn for NZ used to play for the Broncos in the NRL. Not as many make the successful transition the other way that I know of off the top of my head.

Edit. Yeah I am a Chiefs supporter, don't watch it heaps but follow up the scores on the net - mainly because of the relation to the team though.

So you'll be there to see the All Blacks choke live at home in the next world cup? ;)

I moved from NZ to one of those states in Australia where AFL is the code of choice
And god It is a terrible sport to watch
I cannot wait till the weekend for some NRL action on the TV

I moved from NZ to one of those states in Australia where AFL is the code of choice
And god It is a terrible sport to watch
I cannot wait till the weekend for some NRL action on the TV

AFL is shit to watch on TV - much better live.

I am still a rugby fan though.

Warratahs are the best rugby team.

Though I'm more of an NRL fan though, especially moving in QLD there's a lot more exposure to it. Sea Eagles forever (which I realize by making that declaration everyone who cheers for any other team will now hate me!).

Also yeah AFL is much better live than on TV. I went to a game at the MCG in one of the corporate boxes as a guest to a friend and it was hands down one of the best sporting events I've ever seen.

Always wanted to give rugby a try. Looks like some of the backyard football games Ive played in.

Was thinking the same thing. We played a variant called "Smear the Queer", wherein - anybody that touched the ball was the queer and everyone would pound you. If you were too much of a pussy to pick the ball up when it came by you - you were pounded harder. Fun times.

Was thinking the same thing. We played a variant called "Smear the Queer", wherein - anybody that touched the ball was the queer and everyone would pound you. If you were too much of a pussy to pick the ball up when it came by you - you were pounded harder. Fun times.

At school we called that game "Mugby"

Though we didn't have the homosexual undertones.

At school we called that game "Mugby"

Though we didn't have the homosexual undertones.

Just realized how gay that sounded. The pounding involved was of the non-sexual variety lol. And the teams were everyone vs. whoever happened to have the ball. Scoring was informal and basically whoever had the ball the longest won.

Do they wear mouth guards? I play American Football and would love to give Rugby a go but I'm terrified of getting my teeth knocked out :p