Bill would give president emergency control of Internet

People who try to make this a bipartisan issue need to remove their head from their ass. This bill is just as bad as the patriot act. Whether you're left or right leaning the very idea of this should outrage anyone.

Bingo. Both parties are always trying to do a power grab. Don't sacrifice liberty for security

Seems idiotic for you to tell people to stop making assumption while in the same breath making your own assumption, especially after admitting you haven't even read the bill.

I never said I didn't read the bill. I said I didn't read the bill "entirely" meaning I read some of it. But you're right, I didn't read enough of it to understand the full scope of the bill. But, that wasn't the point.

Here is the point that I was trying to make: people tend to have knee-jerk reactions to any scary news clip or headline and then start to raise hell, freak out and then spread the "news" to cause mass hysteria when in reality they may have been convinced to take such positions by misinformation. So, all I am trying to say is, next time a headline like this pops up that catches your eye, instead of saying " Fucking bullshit this is, hope it doesn't pass, probably will though." (posted by Sticks79) do your research and understand what "this" and "it" are first so you understand what you're against, or if you're even against it in the first place.

Dan