Big Dog Toys..........

don't use a red kong with a big/strong dog, use the kong extreme:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Extreme-Dog-Large-Black/dp/B0002AR0II/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1295321909&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: KONG Extreme Dog Toy, Large, Black: Home & Garden[/ame]

if your dog can chew through that then he's on steroids

I used to have a Kuvasz, 120 lbs and bred to defend sheep from bears and wolves, strong as fuck. He couldn't break this.

I just read this and then went to amazon, 7th image is of one ripped to hell by a dog. Must be a freaking beast of a dog.

steroiddog.jpg

I have a 110 lbs pit/shepard and the Kong Extreme lasted him about 6 months. and this is the dog that got into my shed and popped all 4 of my basket balls and chewed them up in an afternoon while i was gone.

Labs are notorious chewers. My 100lb black long haired lab will kill a kong in no time red or black. Although as stated above the black one will last a bit longer. She also loves to chew on sticks which I just know will be trouble as she gets older. A blockage waiting to happen.

Plus one for a ball bigger than she can open her mouth. They also love the rope toys for playing tug of war with. Haven't tired the Nylabones as Fatbat mentioned though. Will have to give those a go.

Buy some marrow bones from your local grocer. They cost like a buck per bone around here and my yellow lab loves them.

be careful with this, they can chew off and swallow pieces that can tear up her GI or stomach - can lead to a very expensive and painful surgery.

Two large german shepards here both over a 100lbs.

We use Chuckit Tough Balls to play with and I have found this toy has been one of the dogs favorite they both play tug of war and keep away with it. Ruffians Large Dog Toy - Octopus.

I do also take the toys away from them and break them out for play. For there chewing needs I make sure they have very large saddle bones called The Tank http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/product_detail.aspx?item_guid=dac25bd1-05c4-4f76-a97a-be82bd40c585 yes they break them down but they last a week to two weeks or less depending on your tolerance for bone pieces however they keep them very happy and something to nest with and teeth clean. Never had any issues of choking etc.

+1 on the Nylabone. It's the only thing my lab hasn't been able to destroy...at least not quickly. He'll work on it daily, and it slowly shrinks as tiny pieces are scraped off by his teeth, but they last a good while.

Kong toys don't count since he has something about rubber. He'll pick those toys up and put them right back down...must feel weird on his mouth or something.

Also, the rope bones are good play toys as well, and both of our dogs go crazy for tug-of-war with the rope bones.

For those of you who want to give your dog something non-toy and more natural to chew on that's safe and resembles the toughness of rawhide, try pig ears or bully sticks (look up what they're made of for lulz).

For those of you who want to give your dog something non-toy and more natural to chew on that's safe and resembles the toughness of rawhide, try pig ears or bully sticks (look up what they're made of for lulz).

Pigs ears and cow penis vanish in minutes with a strong chewer and you should also be checking them to make sure they're not from China or some other country notorious for unsafe food production or they may contain toxins used in the curring/preservation process. Plus they stink.