Best Way To Monetize Photography?

zimok

Click, Whirr.
Oct 27, 2008
Canada... eh!
Has anyone here ever monetized their pictures?

Have a short/brandable .com ready to go for this.

This is my photography folder...

4eab7d81.png

Been juggling around with,

Create a brand, and sell prints.

Whore out to stock sites.

A free for non commercial use image db seo'd website/monetize with ads&watermarks.

Wallpaper site with mobile wallpaper app.

All of the above? Something else?

Host all of the pics at wordpress blogs and pin them on Pinterest category wise. Get tons of traffic sell related products/offers on blogs.

Quantity over quality bros

Lol, I'm not for one second claiming they're all quality. I just wanted to illustrate that's the amount I have to do something with.

Quality wise it's like this. On any given trip I'll take 100+ pictures, delete half and around 1/5th of the half left over is good enough to be proud of. That being said, Out of the over 9000, There's about 300 that are(IMO) good enough to put in an art gallery or something.

Host all of the pics at wordpress blogs and pin them on Pinterest category wise. Get tons of traffic sell related products/offers on blogs.

Will look into this, thank you.

GeeWhiz and Pear88, thanks as well for the input.

screensavers/wallpapers? I think Eli wrote a post about it on Bluehatseo.com. Not sure if it's relevant anymore though

Hell, I might as well just sell them online. If you have the license, then fuking sell em. What you waiting for?

Lots of companies out there looking for decent photography.

Another option could be turn into a photo gallery wordpress site. Get it ranked for photo related keywords. You're good to go.

EVERYONE's into Photography these days. I guess it's because it's the easiest form of art.

In my opinion there is no way to seriously monetize this shit unless you're able to shoot something that no one else can like a Udambara flower. This bitch blooms once every 3,000 years.

This site runs on Adsense:

New photos | Landscape photos | landscapes with a soul

You'll notice the owner has several photo sites (look for links on the right side), all of which run on Adsense. The photos are submitted by others.

You could focus on a particular niche (wedding shots), and look for private advertisers. Maybe set up a wedding photo site for major cities, and rank for "chicago wedding photographer," "dallas wedding photojournalist," etc."

Disclaimer: I've never worked in this area.