Best way to get a cheap xbox 360?

I heard that it's possible to buy broken xboxes and exchange them for new ones? Anyone know how that works?

The best bet would be buy an xbox new plus an old and busted. Take the old and busted and put it in the new box and exchange as broke. It easier to get away with an exchange than a return. Then sell the new xbox on eBay as an unopened item.

Have fun with your new and almost free xbox.

If you gonna be Jew, then you gotta go all the way.

A: Don't be dissin us brownies.... cuz dats ignant yo
B: Chat, if you do this and are also interested in flashing the firmware of your dvd drive, I can help you out w/ that. You can download and burn games and all you have to pay for is a dvd +r dl. (like $1-$2 per blank disc). Plus you can go on xbl w/ burned games w/o getting banned.

Plus games usually Leak early....gow2 about a month and a half early, halo 3 was like 3 weeks early, halo 3 odst leaked a couple weeks early.....so if you're into games like COD MW2, or Bioshock 2, Crackdown 2, etc.... expect them to release early, WITH LIVE SAFE SS V2 PATCHES ON THEM.

K well I mod 360's just cuz it's fun to me, so i know a thing or two about how to get yourself a new one, and what you can or can't do.

1.) you can't just do a gut swap (switching the insides) because each individual dvd drive has a DVD key associated with it, which is CONSOLE SPECIFIC, so your shit won't work by gut swapping, plus certain models have certain mobo's along w/ it (Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, etc...) which means that you'll have a certain Power Brick that will work with it.

2.) Using the towel trick, you won't work for long and in turn will end up back at broken ass square 1. You can try to reball it, but you should take it to someone that is very good at it cuz you'll fuck it up. X-Clamp Fixes don't hold well either if you don't reball it beforehand.

3.) If your drive isn't loading games properly, look into DVD POT Calibration to reset the drive's laser

----

The free way to do it is what I call my "oh wal-mart will fix it for me" method (done it 15 times so far).

1.) Buy an xbox 360 from wal-mart, save the reciept. The 360's serial number is tied to the reciept

2.) take it home and get a hair dryer.

3.) Use the hair dryer to heat any area of the boxing/packaging plastic that has tape on it so that you can cleanly and neatly remove the tape w/o messing up the adhesive quality or the integrity of the area it was removed from.

***make sure you know EXACTLY where the tape belongs, and where each item belongs in the box***

4.) Now all you need to do is take your power brick (PSU A) and any other things you wanna switch out (Headset A, Controller A, etc....) and switch them around with the new shit (Xbox B).

5.) Now for the xbox switch. First take your hair dryer and heat up the serial number stickers on both Xbox A & B

back-of-rrod-360.jpg

6.) after a min or so on a sticker peel it off carefully and cleanly, then switch them so that A's sticker is on B, and B's sticker is on A.

7.) Now broken xbox A and corresponding hardware A's are in box B while having xbox B's serial number on it. And now you have all new shit, and a new Xbox (box B) with A's serial number on it.

**Optional**: Make sure you write down The new serial number before closing it up and putting everything back in the box so that if you ever need to send it into microsoft, you can put in the new serial number when sending it in, and then just scratch off the serial number/date manufactured area of the sticker you have to make it look like it's been through some wear-n-tear so the serial number you put in won't be different from what's printed on the sticker.

Holleee crap, just go buy a fucking Xbox.

Time is money and with the amount of time you're going to waste dicking around ebaying and craigslisting and buying, dismantling and returning Xboxes, you could buy two.

Do you by any chance have wood paneling in your basement?

A: Don't be dissin us brownies.... cuz dats ignant yo
B: Chat, if you do this and are also interested in flashing the firmware of your dvd drive, I can help you out w/ that. You can download and burn games and all you have to pay for is a dvd +r dl. (like $1-$2 per blank disc). Plus you can go on xbl w/ burned games w/o getting banned.

Plus games usually Leak early....gow2 about a month and a half early, halo 3 was like 3 weeks early, halo 3 odst leaked a couple weeks early.....so if you're into games like COD MW2, or Bioshock 2, Crackdown 2, etc.... expect them to release early, WITH LIVE SAFE SS V2 PATCHES ON THEM.

K well I mod 360's just cuz it's fun to me, so i know a thing or two about how to get yourself a new one, and what you can or can't do.

1.) you can't just do a gut swap (switching the insides) because each individual dvd drive has a DVD key associated with it, which is CONSOLE SPECIFIC, so your shit won't work by gut swapping, plus certain models have certain mobo's along w/ it (Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, etc...) which means that you'll have a certain Power Brick that will work with it.

2.) Using the towel trick, you won't work for long and in turn will end up back at broken ass square 1. You can try to reball it, but you should take it to someone that is very good at it cuz you'll fuck it up. X-Clamp Fixes don't hold well either if you don't reball it beforehand.

3.) If your drive isn't loading games properly, look into DVD POT Calibration to reset the drive's laser

----

The free way to do it is what I call my "oh wal-mart will fix it for me" method (done it 15 times so far).

1.) Buy an xbox 360 from wal-mart, save the reciept. The 360's serial number is tied to the reciept

2.) take it home and get a hair dryer.

3.) Use the hair dryer to heat any area of the boxing/packaging plastic that has tape on it so that you can cleanly and neatly remove the tape w/o messing up the adhesive quality or the integrity of the area it was removed from.

***make sure you know EXACTLY where the tape belongs, and where each item belongs in the box***

4.) Now all you need to do is take your power brick (PSU A) and any other things you wanna switch out (Headset A, Controller A, etc....) and switch them around with the new shit (Xbox B).

5.) Now for the xbox switch. First take your hair dryer and heat up the serial number stickers on both Xbox A & B

back-of-rrod-360.jpg

6.) after a min or so on a sticker peel it off carefully and cleanly, then switch them so that A's sticker is on B, and B's sticker is on A.

7.) Now broken xbox A and corresponding hardware A's are in box B while having xbox B's serial number on it. And now you have all new shit, and a new Xbox (box B) with A's serial number on it.

**Optional**: Make sure you write down The new serial number before closing it up and putting everything back in the box so that if you ever need to send it into microsoft, you can put in the new serial number when sending it in, and then just scratch off the serial number/date manufactured area of the sticker you have to make it look like it's been through some wear-n-tear so the serial number you put in won't be different from what's printed on the sticker.

do this .. buy a cheap broken one of ebay ... replace the serial codes w/ a new one from wal mart .. return .. game over

me and my friends did this like 3 or 4 times already

just make sure u pay cash

Hello friend,

Maybe instead buy Xbox should use money for buy books of marketing.

If buy Xbox you spend time play and less turn for earn money.

But if buy books of marketing you learn how to better market and make more money.

Once have lot money no have find Xbox cheap. Can buy lot thing expensive.

Good luck bro

Hello friend,

But if buy books of marketing you learn how to better market and make more money.

Good luck bro

Score: Sumit 1 You 0

Hello friend,

Good luck bro

damn son

Hello friend,

Good luck bro

That's Sumit's way of saying make some bank, don't be a wank.

you dont have to technically gut swap... All you have to do is technically swapping your defective 360 over to the new one. In other words, i got banned recently, so i bought a new 360, placed the banned console(metal frame plus the guts) and incased it back for a return. It worked. I just paid cash. Now i have the the new 360 internals that i bought and the old one is probably in the hands of some unlucky kid.. LOL. BTW, highly illegal, but who cares. Those idiots at bestbuy and walmart dont check anything.

Hello friend,

Good luck bro

Teh WIN.

Ive had my xbox RROD on me 3 times now, each time I had to send it to microsoft for a replacement, which is kind of a hassle. The most recent time they actually ended up sending two units to me so if you have a valid xbox not modded, check to see if you can get one from microsoft should it ever malfunction.