Best Place for Domain Parking?

jhunley

Feb 10, 2008
San Diego
I have accumulated close to 400 domains over the past couple of years. Some good and some not so good. I just bought a PILE of short and generic .com.co domains. At this moment I'm on a huge adrenelin rush from finding some domains that I think could be winners one day. I got his.com.co, hers.com.co, weddingring and rings and satan.com.co, goto and many many more (some of them adult (cock.com.co))

Hopefully the gamble will pay off. Right now, not sure if I'm an idiot or a genius, but now I'm a broke idiot or genius. :eek7:

So, my question is:
Where is the best place for parking domains?
I had them parked on Google, but that sucked. Just moved some to Sedo, but I read here that that sucks too.

I also picked up some longtail domains that look like they might get some good traffic. A couple had over 1,500,000 searches per month. (I'll believe it when I see it but a cheap enough gamble)

Thanks for your help.

I earned more with parked.com than Sedo in the past, but I no longer use either.

I heard good things about fabulous.com, but I believe they are more selective than others about the domains that they accept.

Wow, I just checked out Fabulous.com and their minimum requirements are 750+ domains or $750/mo minimum revenue from domains.
Bummer not there..... yet.

Other suggestions?

I just bought a PILE of short and generic .com.co domains. At this moment I'm on a huge adrenelin rush from finding some domains that I think could be winners one day. I got his.com.co, hers.com.co, weddingring and rings and satan.com.co, goto and many many more (some of them adult (cock.com.co))
Hopefully the gamble will pay off. Right now, not sure if I'm an idiot or a genius, but now I'm a broke idiot or genius. :eek7:

There's thousands of people that do this for a living, cock.com.co wouldn't be available if it was worth anything. .com.co is the OLD extension that Colombia had, now they grandfathered all .com.co OVER to the new .co, rendering .com.co useless unless you have several exact match Spanish words which you plan on making content/SEO sites out of.

So, my question is:
Where is the best place for parking domains?
I had them parked on Google, but that sucked. Just moved some to Sedo, but I read here that that sucks too.

Parking is the equivalent of pissing away your money, IF any of your domains are getting traffic, figure out some way to monetize the demographic you're attracting.

I also picked up some longtail domains that look like they might get some good traffic. A couple had over 1,500,000 searches per month. (I'll believe it when I see it but a cheap enough gamble)

Turn off broad search, turn on exact match. Keep in mind that all traffic except Colombian traffic is NOT relevant to what you bought here. Long tail .com.co with 1,500,000+ searches(in Colombia) is completely impossible.

We all make mistakes man, but you should of read a bit more about exactly what you are buying before diving in. To be perfectly honest, I think your absolute best bet would be to sell these to other people who have no clue.

Thanks for the response.
Live and learn, I'm an idiot. But good news is that I have 5 days to cancel my registration and get a refund.

I will check for exact traffic.
I got all crazy after reading the link Lord Brar posted about the domain guy who was buying up .cm domains because of the traffic they got even though they were only valid in cameroon.

Thankfully it's not too late.

I got all crazy after reading the link Lord Brar posted about the domain guy who was buying up .cm domains because of the traffic they got even though they were only valid in cameroon.

That link was probably talking about accidental type in traffic. Cameroon domains end in just .cm. People are much more likely to accidentally type website.cm than website.com.co. If the extension was just .co they would have been a better buy for that. ;)

live and learn- as long as I learn.
I have had some of my past impulse wild hairs pay off, but I'd rather use the money elsewhere.

Since I just registered the domains there is no traffic data available. Any clue how I can figure out if a typo like satan.com.co would generate any traffic?

live and learn- as long as I learn.
I have had some of my past impulse wild hairs pay off, but I'd rather use the money elsewhere.

Since I just registered the domains there is no traffic data available. Any clue how I can figure out if a typo like satan.com.co would generate any traffic?

I'll save you some time: It won't get any.:1orglaugh:

Thanks!

I cancelled all of the .com.co domains and bonked myself in the head. Godaddy was cool about it and they refunded all of my money without question.

So todaay, I registered a bunch of .co domains. It is addictive!
This time I did some keyword research before registering any. I got a few of the ones from yesterday with the correct extension but THEN,
I found some longtail keyword .co domains with very high search traffic. From 1,500,000 to 7,000,000 monthly.

Did I do better today or am I still missing something?

My thinking is that the most valuable domains for reselling go first and have the highest value. Of course most of those were taken. But then the keyword rich ones with high search traffic will also be valuable for their traffic and monetization potential. Yes?

My other question is about this "pre-registration" thing. Since most of the good domains were snached up by the pros right away, they show up as not available. So by virtue of the fact that I was able to register domains today doesn't that mean they are available? I could not get a clear explanation of why I might not actually get them tomorrow (unless of course they are trademarked etc).

This is ADDICTIVE. The hunt is so much fun, but I have made many mistakes. Sooner or later I'm gonna get it right.

Maybe you should try on a small scale first and figure out a business model rather than pissing all your money away first and then trying to figure it out.

You are 100% right, but it's too late now. I already have the domains so now I will buckle down and focus. No more domain buying!

It's like real estate speculating only cheaper. I had some successes speculating with real estate, this is just of a virtual nature and easier and less risky.

I wonder what people think of your business model when they pretty much just shat on mine.. that had a higher ROI.

Good luck man!

Clyde,
I like your business model and that is what I am starting to do with many of my domains (along with affiliate links etc). I have a few that look promising with adsense, but they still need work.

I appreciate the feedback and maybe I'm impulsive, but IMO the risk to reward ratio is pretty small relative to many other business opportunities. Domains are like real estate. Sometimes you won't see a return on your investment for a long time, and maybe, just maybe sometimes you'll hit it big.

Most of the really successful people I know learned from their failures and were willing to keep trying new things and take risks. I see each mistake as a step closer to success and appreciate the education I am getting here.

Use them as autoblogs and put adsense! That will make more sense than parking!

Parking sucks as a way to make money. If you want to sell the domains, parking and listing with Sedo works pretty well (if you have any domains people might want to buy). Plus if you park with them they only take 10% of the sale price, vs. $50 minimum if you don't park.

I've had ok luck with NameDrive too. Make a few bucks on parking and you can list domains with their NDX marketplace, they don't take any cut from you if you sell a domain that is parked.

Use them as autoblogs and put adsense! That will make more sense than parking!

This is exactly what I jsut started doing. The ones I have are pulling articles in from article snatch. So much garbage out there though. I have to clean out all the spun articles that don't make any sense. The sites will pull in new articles every week and I will link to affiliate offers on some of them.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is the difference between autoblogging and building content from articles?

Here are a couple of my autocontent sites:

24 Hour Locksmiths
Adsense Tips And Tricks
80s Bands
All About Bankruptcy
Custom Engagment Rings
We Move

Right now I am experimenting with different niches to see what works. I have some other really interesting niches I'll be putting up over the next few days.
Thanks for the feedback.

hmmm, I just clicked on the links I posted above and some of the sites are not showing the adsense ads. Maybe becuase they just went up today and are still propogating?