Singapore
Frankfurt, Germany
Munich, Germany
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dusseldorf, Germany
Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
Sydney, Australia
Vancouver, Canada (tied with Hamburg, Germany)

Best Quality of Living

Vienna, Austria
Zurich, Switzerland
Auckland, New Zealand,
Munich, Germany
Vancouver, Canada
Dusseldorf, Germany
Frankfurt, Germany
Geneva, Switzerland
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bern, Switzerland

So who's living in a shithole?

Seoul is missing on the infrastructure list, so I doubt the credibility. Düsseldorf is on the quality of living list, so I doubt the credibility. ESPECIALLY if that list is supposed to be ordered.

I live in Zurich, Switzerland and oooh, yes!

However, fucking expensive as fuck.

::emp::

Lol at making one measure of quality of living.

Ok, so I guess things like sun, sand, sea, good food and pretty girls are not part of quality og living?

The idea that the more you're coddled, the happier you are is ignorant. We're all going to die. Postponing death until the last minute is not the only measure of quality of living.

weird list.

Tbilisi, Georgia

One of the best places I've traveled to. Beautiful city, mountains, awesome old districts, great fresh food, awesome wine, friendly people, great air and weather. Great memories, cool stories.

nigth-tbilisi-004_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

towns_367.jpg

It probably sucks to be local and broke there, but that can be said about any country.

Going on holiday somewhere is different.

These studies have ratings for
infrastructure (connectivity, quality of roads, electricity, internet ...)
health (health system, availability of health services,...)
political stability
etc..

Most of those simply don't apply to you on a vacation.

Personally, I enjoyed my trips to St.Petersburg, Russia and Duschanbe, Tadjikistan.
Would I want to live there?
Fuck no!

::emp::

Yeah, I understand that. Still, tastes differ especially with less tangible things. Many people would prefer a sunny place with natural food, great water and air, but fucked up public transportation over an ever-foggy automated concrete jungle with boring people and supermarket foods. I think there are things that can't be measured that easily, and these things contribute a lot to the quality of life.

Yeah, I understand that. Still, tastes differ especially with less tangible things. Many people would prefer a sunny place with natural food, great water and air, but fucked up public transportation over an ever-foggy automated concrete jungle with boring people and supermarket foods. I think there are things that can't be measured that easily, and these things contribute a lot to the quality of life.

Exactly. While you'd think that people in those places should be happy, based on material criteria, some of those countries have some of the highest uses of anti-depressives, mental illness and the most suicides. It conflicts with the idea of happy people. I think it's probably like how a caged animal will develop weird habits and be generally unhappy, though being fed every day. Can you really claim a high standard of living with so many crazy, unhappy people. Denmark, famously the most happy country in the world in surveys, have about 15-20% of the adult population on anti-depressives. I'd take the award away for using illegal substances in competition.