Backpacking Thailand/Vietnam

BeerNuts

Sep 4, 2008
www.beermonies.com
Around Sept/Oct I am planing a solo two week trip and ive decided on Thailand and Vietnam. It seems half you mofos live or have gone there before so does anyone have recommendations on what to do or where to go? I will be sepending a week in each country. I have plans for a ha long bay boat tour and all the Buddhist temples I can find.

in b 4 ladyboys

Hanoi is the biggest shithole on this planet check out Halong bay en GTFO, seriously I would probably go postal if I had to stay more then one night in that city. traffic is god damn insane, I flew in there for about 4 weeks ago it took me 5 hours in town before I headed back to the hotel and bought myself a ticket to Ho Chi Minh the day after.

english in vietnam is super poor, let me know if you're planning to drop by bangkok and we can take you out on LB free night in town me and few others are living here longterm.

Micha

So far I am pretty sure I am going to do Halong Bay, HCMC, Bangkok and Chiang Mai how the time will be split up I am not sure of yet. Definitely down for a night out.

If you like elephants, I advice you to visit the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai. It will be a bit expensive (around $100 I think), but it's amazing place and it will change how you think about elephants, especially elephants in Thailand. Takes a full day.

Also in Chiang Mai, try taking a cooking class. There are several cooking classes available. I never cooked before in my life and had a lot of fun. Classes of half a day or a day are available. Thai food is amazing. Hmmmm, Pad Thai :)

Why does everyone move to Thailand and shit when they reach multiple $MM? I've never understood this.

2 weeks insn't enough....but...

koh sa mui is sick in thailand, try to hot a full moon party in thailland, patong beach is sick in southern thailand for partying (if this place called 'hole in the wall' is still there, its amazing...we ate breaky their everyday.

I liked Northern Thailand as well for adventure tours and renting scooters.

I think Ko Sahn road is the place for tourist in bangkok.....spend 1 nigh there id say, since you dont have much time....

Vietnam you have to do th CU CHI tunnels or something liek that, fucking crazy history and super fun. Vietnam has better shopping as well. Take the train around and use the scooter taxi's lol, those guys know how to drive.

Good luck!

Remember to say "thank you" whenever anyone greets you, it's pronounced "du ma may."

LMAO! Isn't it customary to say it very loudly too?

Be sure to say thankyou to all the police/military you see; it's considered a sign of respect.

Bring condoms, because you know you're gonna....

Don't want to be drunk and confuse "backpacking" with "barebacking" and ruin your trip.

Why does everyone move to Thailand and shit when they reach multiple $MM? I've never understood this.

Well I'm not millionaire yet and I was invited to stay with friends. Life is quite easy here with a tiny amount if money.

Ibhappen to share a condo with a friend but we also have 2 friends living in the building next door who has one bedroom condos that are completely new shits still wrapped in plastic with furniture. That cost you about 1 k the location is suck for shopping. Then ad another 1k per month for living that includes electricity, internet, water, cleaner, laundry getting done and some fun.

That shit would cost me somewhere around 6 k in London that would be mg other option, and ivhavent no idea of Tokyo which is my nedlxg stop.

So simple math, I make enough to live like thi why not move and help my self for a year or so whenbim building up my company.

Micha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibhappen to share a condo with a friend but we also have 2 friends living in the building next door who has one bedroom condos that are completely new shits still wrapped in plastic with furniture. That cost you about 1 k the location is suck for shopping. Then ad another 1k per month for living that includes electricity, internet, water, cleaner, laundry getting done and some fun.

That shit would cost me somewhere around 6 k in London that would be mg other option, and ivhavent no idea of Tokyo which is my nedlxg stop.
Micha, either the tapatalk is making you look bad or you're the worst person to be advocating life in Thailand ever! ;)

ivhavent no idea of Tokyo which is my nedlxg stop.

I`d say $4000 US per month bare minimum. That`s if you have a pretty small and simple apartment in a reasonably central area. $5000-$6000 would get you a better lifestyle.

Osaka is cheaper. It`s pretty easy to live on $3500 a month here. Everything`s a little less ritzy but correspondingly cheaper.

Micha, either the tapatalk is making you look bad or you're the worst person to be advocating life in Thailand ever! ;)

Well it all depends on what you are into in life, sweaty fat and disgusting euro trash, dark skinnned Thai chicks from E-San or white hot Asian model looking chicks ;)

I choose option number three that means I need to stay far away from option 1-2, and only hang out where the hot chicks are.

Come over to bangkok and I'll show you...

Hanoi is the biggest shithole on this planet check out Halong bay en GTFO, seriously I would probably go postal if I had to stay more then one night in that city. traffic is god damn insane, I flew in there for about 4 weeks ago it took me 5 hours in town before I headed back to the hotel and bought myself a ticket to Ho Chi Minh the day after.

Agreed, and for an example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC4BN9kInXg]‪Hanoi Street Crossing‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I had a nice hotel booked in the old quarter in Hanoi for 4 days pre-paid. I lasted 36 hours, and fucked off to Thailand. Got into Hanoi hotel around 6pm, and by 4pm the next day I was at the airline office asking when the next flight out was.