Avg Arcade Site Revenues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2006
New York City
Just curious.. for all of you arcade site owners out there, what would you say your avg per day and per month reveneus are like?

I don't run an arcade, but I know quite a few people who do. One of them makes around $3,500/month.

I bought one awhile back, haven't put much effort into it, so the traffic is pretty minimal. Probably only made about $20 from it.

$3,500 / month would be nice.

A few bucks per day from a few hundred page views per day, but then I've done no promotion or optimisation.
Will let it sit for another few months then start optimising.

anywere from $5 to $50 a day has been my average - problem is I am stuck the obseenly low click paypout of Google instead of YPN - I have been trying to get into YPN for 6 months. - I get about 2K-3K PV off of about 1000-1500 uniques

Dan

Averaging $200 daily for me

My new experiment is making me $50 daily just from Zango

started a thread in my sig Jon

I'm wondering how you get traffic with the search engines with so many flash games clone sites out there. Those sites typically have super minimal keyword rich text.

well mine just got suspended last night - host claimed to much resources. Has this happended to anyone else on the game sites.

DanNicol said:
well mine just got suspended last night - host claimed to much resources. Has this happended to anyone else on the game sites.
i wouldn't expect many game sites to be run on shared servers. most have their own dedicated for these type of things.

DanNicol said:

What kind of bandwidth were you consuming and who was your host, if you don't mind me asking

You gota have arcades on dedicated servers, punters dont like to wait. Some of the games are 5mb, most are 1-2mb.

In addition, most of the arcade scripts are doing 15 to 25 sql queries per page load & chewing up heaps of memory loading the sql tables for 2000 games when someone uses the search function.

once you get to about 5000+ visitors/day you need a monster server with 4gb of memory & sql running on its own hardrive. bandwidth is not the issue, its just thats these arcade scripts are resource hogs.

I spend nothing... make anywhere from $3-10 a day. Its gone down this week though. I was using myspace for a lot of the traffic and I got banned. All I'm using now is Top Lists and Banner/Link Exchanges.

With the Myspace accounts you have Jon.. I cant imagine the traffic you could bring in with those.

VinSVT said:
I spend nothing... make anywhere from $3-10 a day. Its gone down this week though. I was using myspace for a lot of the traffic and I got banned. All I'm using now is Top Lists and Banner/Link Exchanges.

myspace banned your url?

Sitemaker said:
myspace banned your url?

Just banned the account I was using... claimed I did bullentin spam.. which is bullshit... I was doing a few bullentins a day.

I still have tons of profiles out there with my games linked on them though (that people added themselves)... still seeing traffic from it everyday. Its really a powerful thing if you can get tons of people to add your games to their profile.

Jon said:
Are any of you spending money on generating traffic to the arcade site?

$10 every few days between 2 3rd tier ppc networks

about $50 for links and banners on 3 other sites in my genre

fadclick.com who himself is a large arcade owner and a good guy to boot and also stumbleupon, my new secret weapon...wait a minute..not a secret anymore lol

I dont run ads everyday just when I feel like I need a traffic boost on these ppc networks

Ehh I think I may just end up selling my site. It makes a lot of money, but it's killing our focus from longterm projects to this.

Jon said:
Are any of you spending money on generating traffic to the arcade site?

Remember this guy on Sitepoint who made $30.000 per month with his Arcade site (only one month old) using YPN ads & wanted to sell!?
I think he bought cheap game traffic ppc from Enhance in order to boost his site! ;)
We also did a test case with Enhance regarding 'game traffic' and indeed they send a lot of traffic fast!! Regarding revenue: I don't think you can make same figures anymore, 1st of all you need a YPN account & YPN changed their policies if I am correct and don't allow pictures next to their links anymore to forcome misleading visitors of sites. All those (Arcade) game sites were showing unrelated ads like Mortgage, etc. Those kids thought that they were clicking on a game link because of the picture, but went to loan stuff, etc. :love-smiley-013:

Status
Not open for further replies.