Are you a short or long tail person?

Do you prefer bidding on short tail or long tail keywords?

• Short Tail

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Long Tail

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Both

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROIShareTeam

Nov 10, 2008
U.S
www.roishare.com
Through my years of affiliate marketing via PPC; I've seen that affiliates usually lean towards either to short tail keywords, or long tail keywords. So this thread is basically here to discuss why you choose one over the other. I'll go first:

I'm a short tail person because I love to see the rush of traffic right away. I would much rather spend my initial time tweaking the hell out of the campaign till it turns profitable. And the last thing is that I cannot be bothered to go through thousands of keywords in my AD interface.

Through my years of affiliate marketing via PPC; I've seen that affiliates usually lean towards either to short tail keywords, or long tail keywords. So this thread is basically here to discuss why you choose one over the other. I'll go first:

I'm a short tail person because I love to see the rush of traffic right away. I would much rather spend my initial time tweaking the hell out of the campaign till it turns profitable. And the last thing is that I cannot be bothered to go through thousands of keywords in my AD interface.

short tail for PPC, long tail for anything else.

this is a retarded question

No, it's not as stupid as it may sound. If you take a look at your keywords, you'll see that they are mostly either all short tail or long tail. Pretty much each person has a different preference for different reasons even though both can bring the same results.

If I was gay, I would prefer long tails. But I'm straight so if I had to choose I choose short tails, as It would make less of an "impact" on me.

Here are the pics.:music06:

long-tail.png

longtail.jpg

I like a combination of both. Work with the short and make them profitable, use the long to your advantage as well though..

this is a retarded question
No, it isn't. There's a lot of info at PCC Coach that discusses this, and Fat Belly hasn't been mentioned, which is 3-4 words (I think).

To answer the question I mix it up using all 3, although I haven't had success with PPC yet (still learning/experimenting).

You guys are always chasing a bit of tail anyway. ;)

Definitely short tail, especially with a new campaign. It is the fastest way to determine if the initial variables like Ad Copy and LP Copy are on target.

Personally, I like bidding on Short Tail with Phrase Match and then negatively excluding the Exact match of the same word. This lets me get out there on a lot of terms without having to come up with massive keyword list right out of the gate.

Then, I can tune+build volume with long tail and multi keyword terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.