Anyone use Freelancer.com?

Hey emir, how about you shut the fuck up and stop treating these people like they're borderline retarded?

The information you've provided is a blatant PR attempt on people who (i hope) know this industry. We don't need advice on how to visit your FAQ or to submit a support ticket.

Hi Scattered. We appreciate your feedback. As there was no information on Freelancer.com posted on this thread, we felt that it was necessary to share information about Freelancer.com services and contact support information. This was done to help everyone reading this thread. We're also telling everyone here that we are available online to help users resolve their account issues and concerns. Thank you very much. Have a great week ahead of you!

Hi Scattered. We appreciate your feedback. As there was no information on Freelancer.com posted on this thread, we felt that it was necessary to share information about Freelancer.com services and contact support information. This was done to help everyone reading this thread. We're also telling everyone here that we are available online to help users resolve their account issues and concerns. Thank you very much. Have a great week ahead of you!

we have concerns that your site isn't worth using. Help resolve that...lol

Actually I found most of my writers, video creators and whatever using Freelancer.com. I just get to know them and then get them to quit the site and only work for me. Works wonderfully. If you hire the shittiest guys, you get the shittiest results. Love Freelancer.com

If you are cheap, well then you get a different experience...

You mean people who work in skilled professions at $4/hour produce low quality work?

I would have never thought...

You mean people who work in skilled professions at $4/hour produce low quality work?

I would have never thought...

Hi everyone. Emir here again from Freelancer.com.

We’re glad to report that Freelancer.com has one of the largest pools of reputable and very professional employers and freelancers. We have a great mix of professionals from emerging and developed nations and because of this, the site offers diverse skill sets. Employers can hire freelancers to do work for just about everything: from software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting to legal services.

We strongly believe that our job rates are some of the most competitive in the world. We have paid out more than $130,000,000 to freelancers around the world and we have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers.

Again, thank you very much and we hope you visit Freelancer.com.

freelancer.com

had an account with them as well. some offers are too good to be true which made me suspect that hob offers might not be legitimate. although some say that there are really great stuffs out there with good pay. its better to be safe than never.

I had used freelancer.com a while back ago, had very bad experience there. Hired some writers, got some crappy content.

Tried for months to withdraw some money from them without any luck or a single reply to my emails.

Freelancer was shit the last time i used so i just dropped them, now i just use odesk. Much better way of handling payments and overall good quality. again like any other service, remember to weed out retards.

Stay away from Freelancer; they treat you like crap. They are the paypal of the outsourcing world; but in their case they aren't a monopoly so no sense in wasting time with them.

I mean, even their reply to this thread is standard boiler plate bullshit. And we are on a public forum. Imagine how they will treat you in private!

Try odesk.

Seems like there's a lot of people not happy with freelancer but I cant say anything bad about them, you just need to watch who you hire just like the real world.

when ever I post a project, I try to narrow it down to 3 or 4 freelancers, then ask them a bunch of questions, like an interview and trying to make sure they know what their doing.

My only issue with them is when trying to bid on jobs, I dont know what these people are thinking when they post a SEO project saying, "Get me to #1 in google, for this really hard keyword for a brand new site, keep it there for a month using only doing manual methods, no software, no blackhat, then I'll pay you $50 after its been #1 for a month."

I mean what gets into these people I have no idea.

All the big sites work reasonably well for both hiring people AND finding jobs, though none of them are perfect. The negative opinions you hear can almost always be chalked up to one of the following:

1. The person in question had bad luck on the first couple tries and gave up.
2. The person in question sucks at evaluating providers.
3. The person in question had unrealistic expectations regarding timeframe/budget/etc.

Instead of going back and forth between sites and declaring them ineffective, most people would be better off learning more about how to hire, manage, and set goals for outsourced help. Like anything else, it takes to build up that skillset.

Freelancer.com is the kind of place where you can ring up and buy some positive feedback. Would not recommend to anybody regardless if they're on the buy or sell side.

I've personally met and kicked it with the owner of Freelancer (Matt Barrie), he comes in from time to time at the office I'm in (Melbourne, Sydney). It's a good service, cheaper than elance too.