Anyone here like Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins or the Chili Peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahhhh lucky you but the rain is pretty bad!

I did see Tool on tuesday tho, was pretty damn good.

Man! Tool and Evenence were here last weekend and I missed them because my hubby was out of town and I didn't feel like being a loser and going by myself.:sadcrying4:

I did see Perfect Circle back in 99 in a tiny litltle club in Phoenix....they were great, but I'm glad Tool is back to touring again. Oh and saw NIN in Phoenix too back in the 90's...Trent is good, but Maynard is better. Heh that should be a logo or something.

I hadn't seen Tool before it was a great show, really enjoyed it. I was a *little* disappointed at the wide list of things we were told we not allowed such as cameras, crowdsurfing, moshing, bags etc but most of them seemed to be ignored anyway althought I did see people getting kicked out for crowdsurfing which I think is lame on many levels. In all though, a great show will definitely see them again if I get the chance!

Damn lots of good shit seems to be going on in the UK the next few weeks.

Any chance anyone will be going to TDK | Line-Up ?

I'm gonna be in London Saturday-Tuesday I think, I was considering going...

Nice enjoy!!

I saw the Peppers at lollapalooza 2 in 1992 in NY at Jones Beach, then saw NiN with Manson opening down here in Miami around 1994.

-=Chipmunk=-

Saw Tool and NIN last week and wasn`t especially thrilled with the latter (not exactly my thing) however Tool were brilliant, definitely one of the best concerts in past years. I also went to see Smashing Pumpkins resurrection in June but was left unimpressed so got thoroughly wasted instead.

Speaking of, got to check "The Black Crusade" tour dates for proper head banging.

cheers

Man! Tool and Evenence were here last weekend and I missed them because my hubby was out of town and I didn't feel like being a loser and going by myself.

You didn't miss Tool, it was Korn and Ev. Tool is on tour in Europe. :)

You didn't miss Tool, it was Korn and Ev. Tool is on tour in Europe. :)

Oh. well then what the fuck was I crying about?? Actually, I enjoy Korn too. Saw them with system of a down and metallica at some summer thing back in 2000... Summer Sanitarium, I think it was.

Still, none of them hold a candle to Tool.

That's an awesome lineup. I want to see Interpol, King of Leons and Arcade Fire.

Ahhhh lucky you but the rain is pretty bad!

I did see Tool on tuesday tho, was pretty damn good.

I think we had about the hottest days of the summer! :D

NIN & Smashing Pumpkins were great, little disappointed by RHCP - sound quality was shit and it was so quiet!

Other notable gigs there - Arcade Fire, Jamie T, The Living End, Lethal Bizzle and random improvised steel-drum (bins) percussion!

Overall Reading is great, but not a patch on Glastonbury!

Hmh...Lots of people here mentioning Tool...I've been wondering if I should go see them in a week or so, and it seems I will, since all of you are so thrilled by their performance...

Yes to all of the above. especially NIN.. I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent CD, except for their cover of Hurt - that was great.

I missed Tool last time they were in Dallas, sold out so fast I just didn't have a chance. Pairs of tickets were going for $400+ on eBay. So, I went and saw Rob Zombie instead about a week later. Defiantly going to try to see Tool again if they come back around.

Yes to all of the above. especially NIN.. I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent CD, except for their cover of Hurt - that was great.

Their cover of Hurt? They wrote it (although Trent 'gave it' to Johnny Cash after his amazingly beautiful version!) The live version they did at the weekend was very much like Cash's version - stripped down and slow. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.