Anyone been to the Domincan Republic?

aim high

Jun 3, 2008
Some friends want to head down there for spring break. Our spring break is in mid February i think or something early like that. i have no idea why. Its going to be around 1200 for 7days and 6 nights. all inclusive. yay? nay?

1200 per person or the group? If so how many in your group? I am thinking of heading down there in March.

Well,
it's super..
GO FOR IT!
I'm planning to go back there this Feb with a friend of mine..

I'd imagine you'll stay in a resort type place like Punta Cana or Puerto Plata... BUT, if you get a chance to travel around, get to Santo Domingo. Hang out down town, around the beaches and you'll see the hottest girls offering the most amazing deals. Trust me.

If you already knew this, appologies, hopefully the noobs will take a mental note.

I'd imagine you'll stay in a resort type place like Punta Cana or Puerto Plata... BUT, if you get a chance to travel around, get to Santo Domingo. Hang out down town, around the beaches and you'll see the hottest girls offering the most amazing deals. Trust me.

If you already knew this, appologies, hopefully the noobs will take a mental note.

Nope. Never been there. Will be at punta cana. I'm not going to get (a) kidnapped or (b) tortured like in hostile outside of the resort will i?

The domincan republic is really nice with the all inclusive deals, I have only been to punta cana but that was a great time. Watch yourself beyond the resort at night, the hookers will go straight in for the kill and grab your cock without a word of caution and I'm pretty sure a lot of them have aids.

The west indies or the british virgin islands would be my top picks in the caribbean. The US side of the virgin islands is cool too, st. thomas has a good nightlife and st. john is more secluded. A lot of offshore merchanting goes down around that area, which adds more intrigue from the business perspective.

I think it depends on what you want out of the trip. If you are going with the intention of relaxing quietly i'd suggest something different than if you want to get trashed on mushroom tea and see a lot of titties. The latter happens on Tortola in the BVI at Bomba's beach shack during the full moon party.

punta cana is sweet... forget the name of the place i stayed....but usually all the 4+ stars the same... as long as u have good weather and beer in ya

Definitely book that trip and go. I've been headin to the DR every year since 1999. Punta Cana is definitely your best bet, especially if it's your first time. You won't even have to leave the resort... obviosuly all you can eat and drink is included.. and so are mad activities. You can usually go wind-surding, snorkeling, kayaking, and horse back riding, free of charge. I recommend renting the quads (4-wheeler). You can set it up thru your hotel but it's not included, you pay extra. A bus will pick you up and take you out into rural DR, then you can whip that shit down the beach, thru the jungles, thru town...it's fuckin sweet. They also have good fishing down there, if your into it, they have reasonably priced charter boats ~$300... you and your boys would have the boat to yourself. The past 4 years I've stayed at the Iberostar, which is fuckin amazing. The whole resort is nice as shit, and the food is bangin... I also recommend The Sunscape (which I think is now called Dreams).. that was built a few years ago and is really nice too. But honestly, at our age (I'm 23) it doesn't matter where you stay in Punta Cana, as long as it's all inclusive... free drinks, free food, sexy ladies... that's all you need ;) Presidente is the only beer you'll find at most places, it's good shit... and make sure you try a few shots of Mama Juana.. it's a spiced rum that they make locally. Let me know what hotel, maybe I've been there. Aight bro, peace!

I was in Punta Cana last Winter, it was great. Open free bar at all hours all day. Free food at all hours (buffet). Bars located along the pool sides. Most relaxing vacation I've had in ages.

it gon' be berry berry good

sammy_sosa.jpg

Nope. Never been there. Will be at punta cana. I'm not going to get (a) kidnapped or (b) tortured like in hostile outside of the resort will i?

The resorts are safe but its not like Iraq outside the gates. :D The police are the only real thugs to worry about, but they typically only stop Americans in rented Jeeps, simply looking for a $1 or $2 - maybe a little more now since inflation. So cruise around with a taxi guy and it is all good. Of course, don't going rolling around with your new Breitling.

Once your in Santo Domingo it's all good. Just walk along the beach and find what ever you need. If you go, take some pics and be ready to party on the cheap.

Looking at Barcelo Beach or IFA Villas.

Anyone have any experience? Also, is the night life out of the resort in the city?

Do younger people head down there? I booked today, but I'm kinda worried that there are only going to be 30 year olds. I'm 20.

also, hows the night life?

triple post.