Any other forum owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have (had) two real forums, one which was my first project ever, and is still going as my hobby. The other I was a forum for teenagers, and I had finally gotten it off the ground, listed in DMoz, PR5, nice user base and posts, and guess what...I accidently let the domain expire and some snatched it, and like that, I lost a years worth of hard work :( :( Oh well, lesson learned.

Wow that really sucks bad. Why didn't you just change the name of the site and use the previous database to populate it. ?

rex_b said:
Wow that really sucks bad. Why didn't you just change the name of the site and use the previous database to populate it. ?
Because none of my previous members would know the new URL. I could have group emailed them, but from previous email announcements I had found out that very few of them actually check their mail. I'm sure I could have salvaged some of the loss, but at that point, I just didn't feel like going through all the effort again.

Possibility said:
Because none of my previous members would know the new URL. I could have group emailed them, but from previous email announcements I had found out that very few of them actually check their mail. I'm sure I could have salvaged some of the loss, but at that point, I just didn't feel like going through all the effort again.
that sux m8:(

Status
Not open for further replies.