Any downsides to living in Spain?

Vadym

do u even auto,m8?
Jul 11, 2009
I've been planning on moving to Spain [Mallorca island specifically] in in a few months since Canada is for eskimos, natives and bears and no more.

Pros:
- tourist island
- spanish bitches
- UK tourist bitches
- no limits fishing
- castles
- penthouses by the beach w a pool and jacuzzi on roof for same price as I pay for a house in middle of brown suburbs in piece of shit Vancouver.
- spanish bitches
- lax internet laws
- Mallorca specifically has intl airport, so France, Italy, etc is like 30-60 mins flight.

Downsides:
- ?

Anyone spend a lot of time in Spain/live there? Any noticeable downsides? Muslim raids [exampling Thailand], anything? I got a buddy who moved there from Van and loves it - going to help me get started on any residence cards/visa when I go visit there in a bit.

Reasons y spain:
tumblr_mcqatsw1o91qds0hpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mc07plaVHa1rgez08o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbpibvSwQV1qa1m48o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mbp0o8v5LK1rg2cg1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbncw8diQt1refi5fo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mbm1pvUB0g1refi5fo1_1280.jpg

I'm considering moving to the Marbella area soon as I have a couple of contacts there and it's only a short flight back to the UK.

Another positive is the weather, it's tepid to warm most of the year.

My list is similar to yours, (swap the villa for a studio).

I'm considering moving to the Marbella area soon as I have a couple of contacts there and it's only a short flight back to the UK.

Another positive is the weather, it's tepid to warm most of the year.

My list is similar to yours, (swap the villa for a studio).

Jesus - how did I skip that. YES. SUNSHINE. ALL THE TIME.

Vancouver with its 10 months a year of overcast bullshit. I'm 1000% more productive with 1-2 days of sunshine, I can't even imagine constant sunshine productivity and mental ease.

Depending on where you're staying, the internet connectivity is pure crap.
Even 3G / UMTS is shitty in most places and I couldn't find a plan that isn't a total ripoff (only long term plans running 12+ months OR 500mb prepaid shit for 10€ each). Things might have changed as this was 2 years ago.

Will be in Port d'Andratx in May for quite some time in case somebody wants to met up (I'll bring cones).

"UK tourist bitches" - lol

Presumably you have looked into taxes and know what you're doing.

Yeah - I've had an offshore setup for international income a while ago, through bluechinacorp's lawyer reference. They set me up with corp, foundation, bank, etc.

Tourist bitches [the impression I got]:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2Tbjo2IdQ"]Spain Sexy Night Video tour (Majorca, Spain) - YouTube[/ame]

Its great. Food, culture, legalweed, amazing beachs, cheap, ranked 5th for healthcare, hot woman. Tax system is shit though. Edit it was also ranked 5th best place to retire this year.

Downsides?

a) You'll be stuck on an island
b) The entire island is a tourist resort. Not that it's a bad thing, but living in a tourist area can get weary after a while.
c) Watch out for the 220lbs German bodybuilders who feel you up on the streets at night, to see if you have anything in your pockets worth stealing.

^ Someone was just telling me that drunk Germans are the worst thing about that island.

But so far, seems legit.

Spanish chicks only get hotter until like.. 45. IMO. Dipping into spanish kiddie pool is just obsolete.

Downsides?

a) You'll be stuck on an island
b) The entire island is a tourist resort. Not that it's a bad thing, but living in a tourist area can get weary after a while.
c) Watch out for the 220lbs German bodybuilders who feel you up on the streets at night, to see if you have anything in your pockets worth stealing.

If the island is an issue you could always go to the mainland. Marbella, Nerja, or a country villa. I never had issues with germans they are friendly.

Pros

1. Nice weather.

2. Plenty of beautiful cities, though I'd stay the hell away from anywhere that German or British tourists head to. There is plenty of evidence on YouTube to support this point.

3. It's cheap (compared with Italy).

4. The women are very attractive, and there's plenty of topless bathing if that's your thing. I find Spanish people to be friendly.

5. Nice outdoor life.

6. Watching live flamenco is pretty amazing.

Cons

1. The country is falling apart.

2. Spanish food is not that good.

-- Go to northern Italy instead.

ballpark figure, how much did that cost to setup?

It was 3-4K for everything and you need some sort of minimum in the bank within a week of opening depending on where you get it. They offer a lot of options based on whether you want to travel to the country to open the bank account or just do it all online via the lawyers.