Affiliate Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSBC2

Apr 24, 2008
I have just started affiliate marketing, I am wondering if it would be worth the risk going to affiliate summit, considering I do not make the age cut off. (21) Is it possible to get in with being under 21, basically, do they check I.D. is what I am asking? Also, do you think someone would come up randomly and try and check my I.D.? I don't look 21, but I also don't look 12 or anything haha. P.S. I am only looking at getting exhibit hall (for $99 or $199) so no BIG loss.

Affiliate Summit East 2008 ~half way down the page, end of the text. "MUST BE 21 TO ATTEND: No one under the age of 21, including children in strollers accompanying their parents, will be admitted. No refunds will be provided to underage registrants."

Shawn puts on a good show. This is the only thing I disagree with but I completely understand why its done. In order to get your badge at check-in. You hand them your drivers license. They read your name & birth date. Then match your name w/ your badge and hand it to you. So basically, You're fucked. If you do end up coming make sure you get people's numbers so when they're not at the conference like going out to lunch / dinner / go see boston. You can meetup. I know a few people that are taking that route due to age limitations.

Yeah, he was. But that's not going to be true for the standard non-blogger (or myself I guess).
And I don't feel like flying all the way out to boston to *maybe almost possibly* get in

This is how it works... 2 people go in, 1 comes out with 2 badges and brings one for you. CRISIS AVERTED.

I understand why they would do that in vegas since the walls are pretty much bleeding alchohol there...but not sure why in boston.

If just one exhibitor is giving away beer, that's enough to make it an issue for us.

If I recall correctly, we started doing this last year in Miami.

People will figure out ways to try and beat it, and apparently some have.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to brag about it, because now we'll just clamp down more.

Status
Not open for further replies.