Affiliate Marketing: Gambling Addiction?

cpamonies

Jan 6, 2012
Does anyone feel that their experience with affiliate marketing has been much similar to that of gambling?

There is usually uncertainty, but hope for success with each affiliate campaign. It seems I no longer derive gratification from my work.

-motivation and work ethic = nonexistent. (affiliate, and otherwise.)
-(my work + time invested) to (revenue return) ratio has taken its toll.

I am really not sure where to go to from here? Does anyone else feel ruined by the gambles and excitements of affiliate marketing?

Almost any business and investment is a gamble.

I feel you on motivation and work ethic, happens. Need to change the environment, take time to do something that you like, spend time with people you enjoy being around, take a trip if possible, go to some conference and learn something new that you can apply to your work, start exercising, meet some girls, etc. Stay away from drugs and set a reward for yourself for every new milestone that you make. Define your goal and every little step required to reach it.

Also, if affiliate marketing doesn't make you money and you don't like doing it, switch. Do something that you like more part/full time and affiliate marketing in the free time. Take a little break from it.

Treat it like a business.

Get your cheap thrills from wearing women's underwear and dating strange men.

Reactions: Izaya
I got into IM 3 months ago and learned html then made my first MFA website which is now averaging $250 a day.

Im making over $20,000 a month from all 12 of my websites.

this shit is easy!

I got into IM 3 months ago and learned html then made my first MFA website which is now averaging $250 a day.

Im making over $20,000 a month from all 12 of my websites.

this shit is easy!

Same here bro. It's like I used a cheat code for real life. If you aren't pulling $100/day after two weeks you might as well just give up.

AM is nothing like gambling addiction. Gambling addicts always get their gratification which keeps them coming back. They don't give a shit about winning or losing either.

You fucking degenerate gambler.

dont feel sorry for me, feel sorry for those that believe my bulshhht lie that I make 20k a month.

im just trying to be optimistic in a fucking industry that sucks tapir dick, where mofos dont last a month and end up running to walgreens for applications leaving their monitors covered in white slimy sperm because they whack off every 2 minutes after trying to get work done. and they wonder why they hadnt made a nickel.

AM is nothing like gambling addiction. Gambling addicts always get their gratification which keeps them coming back. They don't give a shit about winning or losing either.

i keep coming back even after losing thousands.

Gambling is for people who don't understand math.

Affiliate marketing is for people you've yet to figure out how to own the offer.

See the correlation?

Own the house, get your cheap thrills wearing women's underwear and dating Guerrilla.

Correct. Gamblers are preoccupied with the action, not the ends.

Right now I'd say I'm preoccupied with ideas and putting them into action for an ends.

Let's just put it this way: degenerate gamblers are insane. Because they will be the first to tell you that there is no way to beat, say, the horses - and yet they spend their whole lives at the track.

Affiliate marketing is simply an occupation.

oh yea researching niches, writing ad copy, building landing pages, investing funds, monitoring ctr/cpc/etc is JUST like gambling.