Affiliate Marketing EPIC Fail Thread

Does missing out on potential profits count? I've lost track of the times I forgot to fund some traffic source accounts cause the fuckers don't do auto payments (err maybe I was just too lazy to figure it out).

targeting 18-40 on facebook, set my cpc bid to 40 instead of .40, i returned to my computer a couple hours later, and i fucking spent 16k. then to find out, the traffic crashed my dedi so it was a pure fucking loss.. ya that was a great day.

targeting 18-40 on facebook, set my cpc bid to 40 instead of .40, i returned to my computer a couple hours later, and i fucking spent 16k. then to find out, the traffic crashed my dedi so it was a pure fucking loss.. ya that was a great day.

LOL!!!!! how much was your avg cpc??

omg that is nuts. Did you end up paying it?

ppv: bidded something like .3 instead of .03 on a high volume url, almost 1kloss that day
ppv: loaded up top 1k alexa urls into trafficvance and lead impact and let it rip, 1k loss in an hour

That actually IS Epic! WOW!!!

So I recently fucked up advertising on Facebook. I forgot to put a cap on my daily limit so when I returned to the computer I ended up spending a ton of money on a shitty campaign I was testing.

So this got me thinking all I hear about are the epic wins. Now let's hear about your worse failures in affiliate marketing. It can be anything but it better be damn epic.

The real fail in your case is thinking $17 worth of traffic is enough traffic to test a new campaign.

That must've been one REALLY shitty CTR. Even my 0.001 CTRs only run you up like $2 CPC.

Great thread...Make me realize that failures and mistakes is part of the job description of being an affiliate...I don't have to feel bad losing a few hundred dollars anymore..

MSN Adcenter I thought my account was banned but then it got unbanned and found out i sent $7300 to error page =(