Adwords Arbi is Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokun

Oct 4, 2006
My Adwords to Adsense Arbitraging Days Are Over - Scoreboard Media Group

It’s the end of an era. A very profitable era. Congratulations to the Google team who finally made it completely unworthwhile for me to buy cheap Adwords traffic and arbitrage it with lucrative Adsense inventory. My strategy had weathered many a Quality Score and Smart Pricing update but now it’s about as dry as an 80 year old hooker.

I, only a couple of days ago, setup my Adwords Arbi and now folks are claiming the glory days are over!

As a UK based noobie arbitrager, what should I do next? Ive got Adsense setup, Adwords is delivering traffic but, much like ScoreBoard Media, im finding that my Adwords Spend is almost identical to my Adsense Revenue.

Is Yahoo and MSN good for UK traffic? Am i able to use my existing Adsense setup for US traffic? Help! Looking for advice...

Note the author said the glory days are over for him. Meaning he is giving up. But there are still people who are making it work. plus he said
PS. Good luck and Godspeed to the arbitragers who are still making it happen!
see? not over. just for him. Go forth and make it happen.

i think there are still many people profitting from adwords, it just wont come by as easy!

he wrote "buy cheap Adwords traffic and arbitrage it with lucrative Adsense inventory"... if you read most of this site you would see that's not how most people are doing it...

he wrote "buy cheap Adwords traffic and arbitrage it with lucrative Adsense inventory"... if you read most of this site you would see that's not how most people are doing it...

that's not how most people are doing it, but we are talking about the people that ARE doing. And believe you and me, there are people that make it happen.

but hey what do I know, everyone go back to working at mcdonalds, there is no money left on the internet. adsense is dead, adwords is dead, internet marketing is dead...

this thread is ghey.
joe, i think your wrong as well. generally, the word pronounced as "ghey" is actually spelled gay. Furthermore, gay, as dictionary.com defines means either having or showing a merry lively mood or homosexual, both which dont make too much sense in this context:error:

Hey, guys. I just said the Adwords funnel into the arbitrage had dried up for me. I know more than a few guys who are still making it work using Adwords, though it's much less reliable and taking some serious effort. It used to be so freaking easy.

Right now, MSN Adcenter is definitely working on some more consumerish arbitrage for me but a lot of my old arbitraging efforts were into B2B topics. Even dripping along, it's still bringing in a few grand a month in profit, but nothing like the old days for me.

I'll probably retool a new strategy when some of this other shit gets off my desk. Still money to be made there.

All you need are a few "fishing spots" to go on a good run.

Yea it is a good idea to look beyond Adwords. MSN adcenter and Overture are great alternatives and there are special rebates and discounts for those programs unlike stingy google which never seems to offer any such rebates.

Look for a better model all over, I use Adcenter and a few tier 2-3's and send it to YSM (not YPN). I create proper pages with real content which I write or get someone to write. I guess the pages are arbi 2.0 if you want to use that term but really they are simply useful pages in their own right with well blended ads. I guess you get to the point where a page gets to that grey area, is it mfa, is it a quality resource or is it a bit of both, I'd say my pages were both. I guess a mainstream example of this kind of rig could be About.com, some might say its just a big mfa but it has undeniably useful content.

This way takes some work, its far simpler obv to just slap up the ad feed or do some scraping but with a clever content page you can get all the keywords you need on page, generally less hassle getting ads and specific keywords approved and so on. You gotta be careful of leakage on content arbi pages thats all.

I don't know if this is the way to go for everyone, it depends on the deal you have I guess but you can certainly build content pages and run ads on them in some clever ways and even to the point where it doesn't scream mfa quite so loudly. I certainly can get some very decent returns.

As for Adwords to Adsense, well so long as they can see the Adsense code on your page, it seems they can grade you and set the prices on both sides, your ad purchase price and your revshare so I am not surprised this is getting harder even for seasoned veterans, the good times were never gonna last forever here, maybe if only a few players but not if everyone is now having a go.

Look for a better model all over, I use Adcenter and a few tier 2-3's and send it to YSM (not YPN). I create proper pages with real content which I write or get someone to write. I guess the pages are arbi 2.0 if you want to use that term but really they are simply useful pages in their own right with well blended ads. I guess you get to the point where a page gets to that grey area, is it mfa, is it a quality resource or is it a bit of both, I'd say my pages were both. I guess a mainstream example of this kind of rig could be About.com, some might say its just a big mfa but it has undeniably useful content.

This way takes some work, its far simpler obv to just slap up the ad feed or do some scraping but with a clever content page you can get all the keywords you need on page, generally less hassle getting ads and specific keywords approved and so on. You gotta be careful of leakage on content arbi pages thats all.

I don't know if this is the way to go for everyone, it depends on the deal you have I guess but you can certainly build content pages and run ads on them in some clever ways and even to the point where it doesn't scream mfa quite so loudly. I certainly can get some very decent returns.

As for Adwords to Adsense, well so long as they can see the Adsense code on your page, it seems they can grade you and set the prices on both sides, your ad purchase price and your revshare so I am not surprised this is getting harder even for seasoned veterans, the good times were never gonna last forever here, maybe if only a few players but not if everyone is now having a go.

don't you mean ypn and not ysm - Yahoo! Publisher Network

The ones that are going to succeed are going to find different avenues, separate means, and a new way to make it work. Internet marketing will constantly change and deviate from the way it was yesterday, but it will never, ever, be unprofitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.