Adsense color scheming

Status
Not open for further replies.

theNOTO

Jun 24, 2006
OH
I usually color sheme all my ads to match the site. I recently read somewhere that using random colors may work better to attact attention. Adsense also has the rotate function, where you can rotate between 4 color sets.

Has anyone used these techniques with any success?

Well, I think blending works well for most people, but perhaps if you have a very specialized niche and have great ads showing up on the banners, then making it stand out more could result in more clicks.

The nice thing about adsense is that it's so easy to change around so try a few different methods and see what works the best for you

peach said:
Im a fan of ad blending, I don't want to make my site look to spammy.

That is why I really didn't want to try to make them stand out. I just wanted to see if anyone had tried it with any amount of success.

The smartest thing I can say is test, test, test. Someone says blend it, someone else says make it poke a visitor in the eye, but you'll get the best results if you try the different approaches yourself and see your own results.

I've always gone the blending method as well, but the rotating colors might not be a bad idea.

I will say that I bet that type of thing would work better with a white background site as opposed to one with a lot of complimentary colors.

different colors react differently with different layouts. like the user said above, test, test, test. see what gets you the best conversion rate.

I read somewhere, Sitepoint I think, that one high paid Adsense publisher swears by maintaining the old standard blue link color that was the default for so many years. Since he is raking in the cash, perhaps he is on to something.

Blending is better than attracting attention. If people know its an ad, they won't click. This is a strategy that sounds good in theory, but actually sucks. This technique might work if you have daily readers who have acquired adsense blindness. Otherwise, I would suggest against this strategy.

Generally, the more the links look to be within the content, the better your conversion rate will be.

WallaceCleaver said:
I wasn't endorsing the idea of making them stick out. I just remembered that some, I think it was Lee Dodd, mentioned that he leaves them default blue.
Yeah I think Lee said that in his radio show. Blue and underlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.