Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

p0ck3taces

Define title
Nov 3, 2009
San Francisco
I feel like Wickedfire should have a dedicated JV section. I see a lot of random
JV's just happen and come together from shooting the shit threads and other
sections of the forum, but I think a dedicated section for Joint Ventures
would be a pretty popular and useful add-on to the forum.

This is where threads like "link exchange" "BST service exchange" etc. could go.

Yes or no?

Definitely good idea, I see such a section working well on couple similar forums.

I would like to see this implemented also.

247324990_im_here_to_bump.jpg

+1 from my end, I honestly about to give suggestion, but I saw your thread. if WF gets JV section then It must have some rules to prevent from Scammers.

Just my 2cents.

I for one definitely vote yes. This is a great idea and I am sure many members here looking to expand would find it invaluable.

Please end this thread..

Are you guys thinking about the legal implications of this? I mean imagine, if dare god, a JV FAILED? Some dick might decide it was because of the JV section on WF being the reason of him losing Trillions of pennies, and sue.

The BST is a seller and buyer scenario. It has some enforcement outside of paypal enforcement. Who would someone go to to enforce a JV? A mod? A admin? Jon? That's a legal nightmare.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, I maybe, but some JVs maybe considered an investment, which would need a securities licensee to even discuss. Imagine if someone pulls a Bernie Madoff here and now Jon has the SEC breathing down WF's neck, since WF is actually condoning JVs here. Also, since several people are international here, doing business in countries that may or may not be friendly, now you got Homeland Security involved, and maybe Interpol, if someone pulls a scam. Also, Immigration would be involved if an "investor" is foreign and someone tried to run an EB5 investor visa scenario...

I can go on and on about the legal implications about this, but someone more knowledgeable should take over. I know all this from past business dealings and clients, so yeah, when you do promote cross border commerce, like real commerce, not buying a digital product like links or seo, but actual investments, creating corporations, etc, things become a headache for whoever owns the land that is running that show.

It's not worth the headache.

Probably why you haven't seen anyone at the top comment on this... But again, that's just me rambling on... don't take anything I say seriously...

Carry on...

Please end this thread..

Are you guys thinking about the legal implications of this? I mean imagine, if dare god, a JV FAILED? Some dick might decide it was because of the JV section on WF being the reason of him losing Trillions of pennies, and sue.

The BST is a seller and buyer scenario. It has some enforcement outside of paypal enforcement. Who would someone go to to enforce a JV? A mod? A admin? Jon? That's a legal nightmare.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, I maybe, but some JVs maybe considered an investment, which would need a securities licensee to even discuss. Imagine if someone pulls a Bernie Madoff here and now Jon has the SEC breathing down WF's neck, since WF is actually condoning JVs here. Also, since several people are international here, doing business in countries that may or may not be friendly, now you got Homeland Security involved, and maybe Interpol, if someone pulls a scam. Also, Immigration would be involved if an "investor" is foreign and someone tried to run an EB5 investor visa scenario...

I can go on and on about the legal implications about this, but someone more knowledgeable should take over. I know all this from past business dealings and clients, so yeah, when you do promote cross border commerce, like real commerce, not buying a digital product like links or seo, but actual investments, creating corporations, etc, things become a headache for whoever owns the land that is running that show.

It's not worth the headache.

Probably why you haven't seen anyone at the top comment on this... But again, that's just me rambling on... don't take anything I say seriously...

Carry on...

A JV section doesn't need to mean an investment section. It can be clearly laid out in the rules asking for investment is not allowed.

I'm simply thinking of a place where people can do things like "I need someone good at/has connections with X. I have X business opportunity. Lets chat." OR someone can open a thread for trading BST's like people have paid to make in the BST section in the past since there was nowhere else for the thread. OR many people have asked for a thread/section dedicated for link exchanging, this would be a great section for those conversations. OR we have had people wanting to put their abilities together for causes IE the tons of Ron Paul threads with people trying to work together. OR maybe you have a startup idea, but you need a programmer.

There's a lot of threads like these that are made in shooting the shit or BST, but they don't really fit in either.

A JV section doesn't need to mean an investment section. It can be clearly laid out in the rules asking for investment is not allowed.

You're not thinking about the legal implications of this. A JV, Joint Venture, is a business agreement between two companies or persons, which requires, if they are smart, contracts, entities to be created, etc. By having this section, you open up WF to the possibility of having someone, even if it's in the rules, cause people break the rules all the time, fucking it up. For example, as soon as you mention a specific investment to a foreign person regarding a USA business, entity, etc. You are breaking the law, IF you don't have a securities licensee involved. Did you know that? In fact, same goes with mentioning a specific investment with both parties being in the US. (If a business attorney can step in here and correct me, please go ahead, but this is rules being handed down from the latest immigration and Investor visa laws). There are tons of laws about this.

There is even a law, to the effect, that you cannot approach an individual about a specific investment, UNLESS you are a securities broker OR a controlling owner or executive of a company. If you are, then obviously lawyers are going to be involved if you are talking about moving or making serious money.

If the purpose is so two persons in their mom's basements are circle jerking each other calling themselves CEO and doing JV, yeah… go ahead. SEC is not really going to be concerned with that.

I'm simply thinking of a place where people can do things like "I need someone good at/has connections with X. I have X business opportunity. Lets chat."

If you tell someone you have a business opportunity without realizing the securities laws you are breaking, that's on you. But since you are jumping on WF in their JV section, WF can be subpoena-ed 7 years from now, from some stupid shit you said. I'm getting subpoenas for websites I designed in 2007, so yeah, that record "I have a X business opportunity", gets subpoenaed, and any records they want… again, big fucking headache.

OR someone can open a thread for trading BST's like people have paid to make in the BST section in the past since there was nowhere else for the thread. OR many people have asked for a thread/section dedicated for link exchanging, this would be a great section for those conversations.

The T in BST stands for trading.

OR we have had people wanting to put their abilities together for causes IE the tons of Ron Paul threads with people trying to work together.

I don't know what the implications of creating a Super PAC are, and the rules, but I guarantee you there are, and inviting political trouble is not good idea. Also if you are thinking of charities, still more legal implications, since you are exchanging serious money, AND has a tax benefit, Which that last part is key. So now you got the IRS involved in case something goes wrong.

OR maybe you have a startup idea, but you need a programmer.

Same scenario with the subpoenas and I would assume there is also legal problems with this place facilitating that conversation. Since there is a record of it on here, WF would be in a position to hand over the records in case something goes wrong. Also, if you are getting with a programmer/coder and are creating an entity with partnership, lawyers will be involved. If you are hiring them for employment, that's not a JV, there is monster.com for that.

This is me shooting of the top of my head of all the scenario that can go wrong. A lawyer should really step in here and explain better some of these points.

You really need to consider the legal ramifications of having a place where people are CONDONED to come together and form legal entities. You don't want that headache nor to be that place when anyone of the hundreds of government agencies from around the world come knocking on that door.

I had an investor portal… actually someone I knew had an investor portal, and their lawyers where being ver specific not to mention direct investments on the website. The scenario was that you had to first qualify the investor as being an investor with money then get a licensed broker involved to mention the entity, even if no actual money is being moved back and forth. It was an international thing, so there was a lot more government entities. Headaches… when you solve one 12 new ones pop up just that day.

In BST there is buyer and seller, there is moderating, and also control at the payment level. The legal ramification if someone rips off someone for $100 is pretty tiny versus a JV where a big money entity gets screwed and they have a hard-on for this place. The SEC would be scrutinizing all the records, logs, all sorts of shit. You're really not considering the legal ramifications of what a JV section, where legal entities are being created, can do if ONLY ONE thing goes wrong.

If you owned this place, would you want to deal with any of the headaches I mentioned? Seems counter-productive to really making money. I don't own this place, nor speak for WF's owners, I'm just pointing out the massive problems I can spot with this idea in 10 minutes. It sounds like a good idea from one perspective, and it's pretty popular, but from a legal point… a nightmare in the making.