Ad server recommendations

BBergin

Jun 10, 2009
Anyone have a favorite ad server they use? I was told openx.org works well.

openx works well, its got pretty much all the config options and stats you'd want, but depending on the level of management you need, could be a little overkill

I have a softwares that does all that and plus the spiders and the se0 - 3.

When my softwares don't do all that, I use Google Ad Manager.

I've heard that many publishers will not accept adserver stats from OpenX (for billing purposes)

I use Adjuggler, IAB certified, competitive pricing and very easy to set up.
My 2nd pick would be Adtech but their sales person wasn't as responsive as Adjuggler.

Other than these two you can't go wrong with the high end adservers.

You kiddin? What's wrong with Ad Manager or OpenX?
they lack the goods.. research the topic and demo the ad servers and you will understand.. if you want to run media buys on your numbers, you won't be using openx or ad manager period

Sohan is right on the money.. no one is going to tell you which ad server they are using because its noneyobizness

Sohan is right on the money.. no one is going to tell you which ad server they are using because its noneyobizness

That's a load of crap, unless you ask people that are paranoid for no reason what so ever. If you're using OpenX there's no harm in telling since most small time publishers are going to end up using it regardless 95 times out of 100. And if you've moved past OpenX for feature needs (day parting, pixel remarketing, click tag tracking, behavioral targeting, creative optimization, etc...) then having to pay to run traffic is going to keep anybody serious out anyway, people just don't jump onto Atlas or something like it on a whim.

To the OP, locate a copy of OMMA Magazine, the last page of each issue should have a list of the 20 top ad servers by traffic volume.

That's a load of crap, unless you ask people that are paranoid for no reason what so ever. If you're using OpenX there's no harm in telling since most small time publishers are going to end up using it regardless 95 times out of 100. And if you've moved past OpenX for feature needs (day parting, pixel remarketing, click tag tracking, behavioral targeting, creative optimization, etc...) then having to pay to run traffic is going to keep anybody serious out anyway, people just don't jump onto Atlas or something like it on a whim.

To the OP, locate a copy of OMMA Magazine, the last page of each issue should have a list of the 20 top ad servers by traffic volume.
If some one finds gold, they're not going to tell you where it is lol.

If some one finds gold, they're not going to tell you where it is lol.

Thats shit.

10 guys in a desert, each guarding their own oasis/water hole, but afraid to move or travel because of fear they wont find water.

(or)

10 guys in a desert, all sharing the waterhole spots with one another, freely moving about and enjoying life.

Pick one.

I suppose someone will state "what if it's a million guys in the desert with 10 water holes" - still applies. You need to assume that water in my example is not a limited resource, as I don't feel adservers are.

Well there are only a handful of good ones, and no ones going to share them on WF. To friends in private, yeah - possibily. Publically, no chance.

Thats shit.

10 guys in a desert, each guarding their own oasis/water hole, but afraid to move or travel because of fear they wont find water.

(or)

10 guys in a desert, all sharing the waterhole spots with one another, freely moving about and enjoying life.

Pick one.

I suppose someone will state "what if it's a million guys in the desert with 10 water holes" - still applies. You need to assume that water in my example is not a limited resource, as I don't feel adservers are.

Careful, this is in danger of becoming yet another left/right political debate.