A Game of Thrones tv series

It will be impossible to cram the books into a TV show. That being said, it is HBO... Recommend to everyone to read the book and watch the show. Should be great entertainment no matter what.

I read the books, until I got tired of waiting for the next (last?) one when RR gapped a few years. Loved them.

Watched the premier last night. Loved it. The Imp is totally perfect.

The kid lives, but is seriously messed up, if they remain true to the books. I haven't read if they're more like True Blood, where Bell takes what liberties he likes, or like the Potter movies - following the text as completely as possible.

Anyone know?

Kid catches you boning the queen....push him out a window

Brother boning his sister...the queen. makes it a little more of a twist.

check out this summary-

The northern border of the Seven Kingdoms is fortified by the Wall, an ancient barrier of ice 700 feet tall and 300 miles long, manned by the brotherhood of the Night's Watch. In the "lawless lands" north of the Wall, a small patrol of Rangers from the Night's Watch encounter the fabled Others of legend, and are slain except for one. Driven to madness, the survivor flees south of the Wall, where he is captured and executed as a deserter.

Lord Eddard Stark is the patriarch of House Stark, one of the major noble houses of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and ancestral rulers of the North. Near the castle of Winterfell, Eddard's children discover a dead direwolf and five of its pups still alive. As the direwolf is the symbol of the Starks, Eddard allows each of his five children to keep one of the pups as pet. A sixth pup is discovered a short distance away from the others. It is a mute albino, and this one is given to Jon Snow, the bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark.

King Robert Baratheon, Eddard's childhood friend, journeys to Winterfell with his family to ask Eddard to become Hand of the King, the top advisor and military commander in the realm, due to the death of the previous Hand, Lord Jon Arryn. Eddard's wife, Catelyn Stark, receives a letter from her sister Lysa Arryn, stating that Jon Arryn's death was a murder plotted by Queen Cersei and her powerful family, the Lannisters. Though reluctant to leave his duties and family, Eddard is convinced by his wife to accept the position in order to investigate Jon Arryn's death.

Eddard's middle son Bran Stark is engaging in his favorite activity, climbing Winterfell castle's walls and towers, when he accidentally sees Queen Cersei and her twin brother Jaime Lannister having incestuous relations. To protect their secret affair, Jaime throws the boy out of a tower window.

Across the sea in the Free City of Pentos, Viserys Targaryen lives in exile with his fourteen year-old sister Daenerys. He is the son and sole-surviving male heir of King Aerys II, who was usurped by King Robert. Viserys arranges to sell his sister in marriage to Khal Drogo, warlord of a horde of nomadic Dothraki horse warriors, planning to use Drogo's army to reclaim the Iron Throne of Westeros for House Targaryen. Among the wedding gifts are three petrified dragon eggs, rare artifacts that are regarded as valuable but useless, since dragons have been extinct for centuries.

I thought it was great, and I've never heard of the books..

Ps, Jared, yes I saw one episode of 'Shameless'. One of the most horribly disappointing series in a long time. Love William H Macey. Hate that show.

How the fuck can you claim to watch 1 episode, and then make a judgement on the entire series? Retard.

Shameless was fuckin awesome, wife n' I loved it.

I read all the books and thought the pilot was awesome. Best book -> screen conversion I can think of (so far). I think that's the advantage of having the living author on the set and a high quality studio like HBO 100% behind it.

That said, I still don't know how in the hell they're going to fit GRRM's storyline into anything less than 20 seasons... and wtf is going to happen when they run out of books seeing as the series is far from finished. I guess at this point I should just hope it does turn out to be a multi-season show and not just a 10 episode mini-series or something.

Ive never heard of the books till my buddy told me about the show and was talking the books up, im borrowing the books from him and going to read them over the next few weeks. I watched the first episode and it was pretty damn good, excited to see how it goes.

Just watched the pilot episode today. Man this is great, very well done for a TV show. And that blonde girl is HOT!

I'm a HUGE fan of the book series, read them about 4 times each.

I thought the pilot episode did it justice but there's definitely some nitpicking I gotta do.

- Great acting on Robert Baratheon but guy's too short. Was suppose to be one of the most fearsome warriors, killed Rhaegar, he's suppose to be 6'4.
- Valyrian steel is suppose to be dark color!
- Left out a very important scene in the pilot. Bran and Tommen sword fighting where Joffrey wants to fight Robb. It established Robb and Joffrey as rivals, and first signs of what a douche Joffrey is.
- In the books Robb is 14, Joffrey is 12 and Joffrey's actually taller than Robb. The guy playing Robb is fucking 24 and Joffey's like 13 in real life?
- Catelyn Stark looks tooooooo fucking old. Jeez she's suppose to be pretty and the object of little finger's desire. She looks like she could be the kid's grandmother.

My advice is to READ THE BOOKS. You guys are missing sooo many details. This series shits on LotR!

Just watched it and found it very enjoyable. I was expecting to see one of the sons to be boning the Queen but the brother was a good twist.

Does anyone have a link to the audio books for the book series?

In before all the nerds are like "HMRM I DONT THINK PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING FROM THE SHOW IF THEY DIDNT READ THE BOOK IDK SMH". Piss off.

Loved watching the first episode til I read this: Across the sea in the Free City of Pentos, Viserys Targaryen lives in exile with his fourteen year-old sister Daenerys.

Ouch!