A few techniqual Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilT

Mar 11, 2008
Today I went over my max daily CPU by 4% causing my sites to be suspended. My current host would charge me $30 bucks/month just for that extra 4%.

So basically I have two questions.
1) what is CPU and what causes it to increase?
2) What host would you recommend that has a decent CPU. I have a separate account at hostgator and so far that one is going good. My sites that are not working are hosted at 50webs.net

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Can't believe anyone would ask "what is CPU?"... Next time just fuckin google it man)

If you are raping the server with ya sites - lots of db calls maybe? If using wordpress, try one of cache plugins - it sounds like you'd be better with a dedi or vps, but if you do stick with shared look for decent servers and no overselling - a low number of customers per server. Sorry, no recomendations, but might checking out web hosting talk, that place is full of hosting info.

1. fuck hostgator. 2. godaddy sucks, but they're > hostgator for shared. 3. at least get a vps, christ.

2. godaddy sucks, but they're > hostgator for shared.

Not true! Not true at all.... Check what the op says...

His Hostgator sites are fine, the ones on 50webs are having problem!

Hostgator is great, IMO! Better than Godaddy...

If you are raping the server with ya sites - lots of db calls maybe?

Thanks, I'm installing the plugin. I have 2 one page blogs on that host one with 300 comments and another with 3000+comments. I suppose retrieving all those comments from my DP is what screw me over

Yeah, it's also putting too much traffic on a page that has > 10 DB calls (simple calls) or > 5 complex calls, but that's just me.

Plus, check for script updates. Runaway scripts can easily trip the CPU monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.