2015 NFL Free Agency

AngryFiver

Nov 14, 2014
There was a fuck-ton of activity yesterday. More trades than I can ever remember happening in any offseason.

The biggest news might be the Hawks getting Jimmy fucking Graham from the Saints. Having him out there will finally give them a legit receiving threat to pair with Lynch out of the backfield.

It's looking like the Hawks are again the favorite to win the NFC.

ncy72pd.jpg

Colts picked up Gore and AJ. Woot. Now we need to boost the defense a bit and dangle some bait infront of another WR.

Andre Johnson wanted to play on a team with some consistency at the QB. The Texans have gone through probably a dozen since he's been there.

In related news, Cortland "Haymaker" Finnegan retires. Johnson is typically known for keeping his shit together, but Finnegan managed to provoke him in this game:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZOEH44HHtI[/ame]

All these trades won't matter when it's superbowl time. The Patriots will annihilate everybody in their way.

In related news, Cortland "Haymaker" Finnegan retires. Johnson is typically known for keeping his shit together, but Finnegan managed to provoke him in this game:

Never liked that Finnegan guy.

I see that he also called Andre Johnson a bitch in his retirement speech today. Why even bring that up???

All these trades won't matter when it's superbowl time. The Patriots will annihilate everybody in their way.

Pats played great in the SB but I don't think they'll be back next year.

Losing both Revis and Browner might prove to be too much.

That's what everyone said in 2011. They ended up 19-1 that season losing to the Giants in the SuperBowl.

Carolina, Indy, Pittsburgh, Detroit and New England had the top 5 defenses this year. Outside of Suh and Wilfork (which I only know Wilfork because he's played here in NE forever), there really aren't any stud DT's on those teams. So, I guess the point is, you don't need an all-time DT to be a good defense in this league.

In the long run, that money saved should help the Lions more than if they resigned him. It was smart letting him go. Miami will learn that.

Sucks losing Suh, but hard to justify that much money on a DT. Suh played for the Lions for 5 years and the defense was never dominant until this year when Teryl Austin became the D Coordinator. Not sure what that means but we'll find out next year.

Pats played great in the SB but I don't think they'll be back next year.

Losing both Revis and Browner might prove to be too much.

Losing those guys has been a tough pill. Not sure how they can replace a fraction of their ability. We'll see. If they have bad CB's they don't win a Super Bowl. If anything, that was proven this year...

49ers jumping ship.

Perrish Cox (visited TN today) and Michael Crabtree still out there.

PITTSBURGH -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger signed a five-year contract Friday that should allow him to play his entire career with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"This is where I want to be," Roethlisberger said Friday afternoon with chairman Dan Rooney, team president Art Rooney II, coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert among those watching his news conference. "It's an incredibly fair deal for both sides, and we're just excited to move forward and get some more Lombardi trophies in that room next year."

Roethlisberger has led the Steelers to their only two Super Bowl titles since the 1970s, and the 11-year veteran is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he established career highs in passing yards (4,952), completions (408) and completion percentage (67.1).

He turned 33 on March 2, but Colbert said in January that the Steelers believe he is getting better and can continue to play at a high level into his late 30s, as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have done.

"Ben has a number of great years ahead of him," Art Rooney II said.

Ben Roethlisberger agrees to new deal with Pittsburgh Steelers - ESPN

This is another guy like Tony Romo who's gonna have health problems later in life from taking too many hits and playing with broken vertebrae and shit like that.

Ben takes a lot of big hits, and just gets up and plays, its great for the team, but long term, his fucking himself up. Same with Peyton Manning, he is taking a huge risk playing again, I have seen him take hits, his just lucky it's not hard ones yet.