2012: Total Win!

erect

Jun 3, 2007
Esoterica
twitter.com
I've been waiting about a year for this movie to come out and was NOT disappointed. The effects were top notch, the plot was borderline great & the action was intense.

Has there ever been a producer like Roland Emmerich? He does "end of life as we know it" far better than anyone else.

I just walked in the door from the midnight showing and I'm considering going to the early show tomorrow too. Damn.

You are right about the effects and imma let sleep good but the acting was HORRIBLE. What a good joke

I've been waiting about a year for this movie to come out and was NOT disappointed. The effects were top notch, the plot was borderline great & the action was intense.

Has there ever been a producer like Roland Emmerich? He does "end of life as we know it" far better than anyone else.

I just walked in the door from the midnight showing and I'm considering going to the early show tomorrow too. Damn.

I'm a John Cusack fan & Woody was great in the film. I like Chiwetel Ejiofor from his Serenity cameos. I could care less for Amanda Peet.

That said, I don't watch the death of all people and destruction of mother earth films for the acting. I'm into volcanos in the grand canyon & Cali sliding off the map ... I got my fill.

You may very well be right though. I loved transformers 2 but after seeing it a few times, it provided some of the worst acting performances of all time. But dude, giant transforming robots!!!

Fuck yea. I'm going to see it tomorrow. Been waiting for it for a looooong time too.

Sorry but no more advice from you guys. I went to see Paranormal Activity with my wife last week and we were so NOT scared and bored I am sending the bill to each of you for the movies, popcorn, and babysitting expenses :)

That said, I don't watch the death of all people and destruction of mother earth films for the acting. I'm into volcanos in the grand canyon & Cali sliding off the map ... I got my fill.

this.

Can't wait to see it, regardless of the acting. This is in the IMAX right?

Sorry but no more advice from you guys. I went to see Paranormal Activity with my wife last week and we were so NOT scared and bored I am sending the bill to each of you for the movies, popcorn, and babysitting expenses :)

I thought that was one of the best scary movies I've ever seen. It wasn't over the top, the realism was as close as it gets. Some of my friends thought it was boring too, however.

-------------

For anyone too concerned about 2012 being an actual possiblity:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQMwEjC1I"]YouTube - Neil deGrasse Tyson - World to End In 2012...or Not[/ame]

and this.

2012: Six End-of-the-World Myths Debunked.

(But feel free to believe anything you want, I just don't want you to be too worried about it.)

I'm wasting some time on youtube, obviously, but I've still got this stuff on my mind so work is hard to get focused on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWFYblkP7c"]YouTube - LHC-ATLANTIS 2008 ( Galactic Alignment 2012 APROVED ! )[/ame]

Learned something new here ... I had no idea that black holes are at the center of all solar systems and what makes them spiral. Being able to relate that to the eye of a hurricane makes the concept much more understandable.

Astrology would be some cool stuff to get into

I watched District 9 yesterday when I was high, LOL that movie is fucking ridiculous, crazy, weird, and such a HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCKKK reaction... I didn't get it though.

And 2012 should be awesome in terms of effects and shits, gonna watch it tomorrow.

I loved transformers 2...

That's pretty much summed it up, I think you're one of the 5% who actually loved Transformers 2. It was agonizing seeing that shit in cinema..

2012 - 33% on RottenTomatoes, so no thanks

Might go see it later tonight. Been waiting for awhile to watch this movie too but the new trailer disappointed me.. but maybe the full movie will be better.