$200 to spend on what software?

I suggest you to invest on Zenno Poster App. If You have little knowledge how these automations work or good to learn things quickly I would recommend you to go with Zenno Standard Edition or Lite Edition in Start. Then I m sure You will upgrade it to Pro Edition.
By Zenno You can automate any browser or submission process you want. you can design your own bots & lot more features. Brother I advice you to Google out atleast to know more about Zenno. :)

Well if you are new to the whole thing, and you don't even know what you want the software for, it is best to start doing things manually to get an experience of things before actually investing money in a software.

I mean, if you were more specific and asked something like what would be best for web2.0 automation, more relevant advice could have been provided. This is because there is no software that can do everything for you, each one is good for a particular task.

Well if you are new to the whole thing, and you don't even know what you want the software for, it is best to start doing things manually to get an experience of things before actually investing money in a software.

I mean, if you were more specific and asked something like what would be best for web2.0 automation, more relevant advice could have been provided. This is because there is no software that can do everything for you, each one is good for a particular task.

Wise words.

so....like the title says i have about $150-$200 to spend....what is the essential, bare minimum software i should buy? i was thinking scrapebox or xrumor and market samurai?

advice? thx

You don't even say what your end goal is for the software. Is it to do keyword research, to scrape websites, to build backlinks? Easy way to make money online? To bake you cookies?

I don't know how people are even able to answer truthfully, without knowing what goal you are looking to achieve with the new software.

Carry on.

i think you can buy gsa search engine ranker and captcha breaker OR you can buy ultimate daemon from your own affiliate links . It will cost you 397 usd but you will be getting 150 usd as commission .

Don't waste a penny on any of this software. All automated systems will lead you to a ban.

My recommendations

Ultimate Demon - $47 month (find the discount link somewhere for 10$ off first month)

Scrapebox - As they say it truly is the swiff army knife of the SEO world. Simple and easy to use as well

Proxy Multiply or Proxy goblin- (Your going to need proxies if your using these software, unless you decide to get private proxies then i recommend BuyProxies)