$10 A Day PPC Budget, Is It Even Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cegeland

Nov 27, 2007
Since I am new to affiliate marketing I wanted to start a little smaller without to much risk so I started a couple of ppc campaigns with a total budget of $10 a day hoping to spread my total amount of cash out over more days. My questions are:
Is a low budget smart to start off to allow for more days of advertising? or Is it smarter to set a higher daily budget with less days ran in hopes of getting a higher amount of daily traffic in hopes of quicker earnings?

I'm not a PPC pro but, i know if you have a low daily budget your impressions will be limited depending on your CPC.

I once set my daily budget to $300 and got a whole lot of impressions but only $7 worth of clicks.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will increase my daily budget and then monitor the clicks closely to stay within my budget.

$10 is not too little to start with. There comes a time when you just have to jump in and if you don't do it now (even w/ $10) you'll never do it.

axcta1.gif

Reactions: geekcognito
$10 is too little. Your budget for a one day test of a new offer should be 5 to 10 times cpa.

Depends on the niche... 10 could be a lot for a certain niche, but nothing for others. I'd tend to agree that setting a higher daily budget and spending it faster works better, especially for new offers. Get as much data as you can first, then optimize and test

Test it yourself. It's the only way of knowing :)

It's going to come down to the bids on your keywords.

I started with $10/day - $5 a day on each campaign. Had 2 campaigns running, although I think I was only making about $100 month each. It was good to start out with. I was researching niches and learning at the same time. Once you start making money then just invest it back in, that's what I did, now I spend an average of a $100-$150 a day, want to get in the thousands a day.

Dont spend any more than your minimum bid and find long tail converting keywords. Start with Yahoo instead of Google.

I currently 'budget' about $280/day for ads. I only spend a few bucks.
At one point I was budgeting over $1000/day, but only spending $50 or so.

When I say budget, I set that as how much, combined, all my PPC will run up to in a day. Did I intend to spend $1000/day? Maybe only for one day, IF it converted, but luckily (or not!) I never got to spend that... :-(

$10/day = $300/mo. That's decent enough to start, for sure.

Since I am new to affiliate marketing I wanted to start a little smaller without to much risk so I started a couple of ppc campaigns with a total budget of $10 a day hoping to spread my total amount of cash out over more days. My questions are:
Is a low budget smart to start off to allow for more days of advertising? or Is it smarter to set a higher daily budget with less days ran in hopes of getting a higher amount of daily traffic in hopes of quicker earnings?

You can certainly start w/ $10 per day since everyone starts somewhere, but over a few campaigns will take you forever and a day to get any data. Cut it to the most likely campaign you could actually carry on a conversation with someone in the industry about for a couple minutes. Then go for exact match on your keywords so you get the most from your money.

Forget about spending money until 2009 on yourself - just plow it all back into your campaigns as you spread out from exact to phrase to maybe broad once you have a serious list of negative keys.

since you're new to ppc, the most important thing is you need to learn is how to turn your ad spend into a profit first.

if you can't turn your $10 into $20, don't expect to turn $100 into $200.

a good tip that I've always followed is to stop your campaign when your ad spend = 1 commission but have no conversions. Check out why it didn't convert, tweak your landers, check out of your keywords, are the keywords relevant, end of buying cycle (for cost-per-sale), and try again.

if you have conversions but it's only breaking even or even a loss, it's a matter of tracking which keywords/sources are giving you profit and deleting the losers. and also your adcopy and landing page.

So, yes. $10/day is good. See if you can turn that into $20 first. If you can, THEN think about increasing the budget.

Heck, I've started with only $1-2/day adspend.

Dude $10 a day is very doable, i have one campaign that is running, and has been since i started ppc am 9 months ago that too this day converts at 15%, costs less than $1.50 a day and returns over $400 per month. Yes thats 15-25 clicks a day at 6-9c each. This campaign cannot be ramped up any more than it is so will be left on auto for some time i assume. Its all about your niche and competition.

middlefingeroe8.jpg

trancedm you're #1 in my books and if you are a flames fan why not do the world a favor and go kill yourself right now.

Hey cegeland,

$10 is fine in my opinion. The important thing is that you're tracking properly and using the data to build a profitable campaign which you can then scale.

I would definitely recommend starting off at Yahoo though and using their free $100 credit. I've found this to be the best way to test and refine a new campaign. You'll be able to afford 4-5 times the amount of clicks you're getting now for the same outlay - just a bit more dicking around with creating new accounts.

I think $10 is fine. I actually just started my first PPC campaign as well and I am doing $15/day to start off, but I found some great keywords that have a max cpc of $0.15 and mins in the 2 to 5 cent range. I'm hoping it will all work out, but if it doesn't it's good to know I haven't blown this months rent! Best of luck with your campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.