zip/email submit on facebook?

vinluvie

Jun 5, 2009
Hi All,

Can we still do zip/email submit on facebook? is there any offer that i should avoid such as free iphone or ipod which will cause the account getting banned?

Thanks

Vin

The iphone is pretty much burnt out, don't waste your time cause the roi is bullshit.

thanks for the suggestion, so it looks like i should start a higher payout offer comparing to zip/email submit.

It's strange how Facebook actually is happy to quickly approve email submit ads, when in their advertising guidelines it clearly says it is against their terms to advertise anything that collects the user's email address. That is, unless it relates directly to a purchase.

I haven't messed with facebook for long but it has been fairly easy to get submits approved. Just target wisely and pay attention to the disapproval emails that they send you.

I've noticed I can get good conversion rates on email submits with 100% ROI, but 2 days later I get scrubbed by the advertiser.

A 25% conversion rate turns into 2%..gay.

Facebook doesn't care but you will get mad scrubbed after the first couple of days.

They're not allowed:

"Ads cannot require viewers to click on the ad to submit Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone numbers, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses) on the landing page or in the ad, except to enable an ecommerce transaction and where the ad and landing page clearly indicate that a product is being sold."

and

"Ads cannot offer incentives to viewers for clicking on the ad, for submitting Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses), or for performing any other tasks."

If you're doing them, it's going to be a short lived campaign. If they haven't caught you yet, they will. Unless you're cloaking of course...

they must be idiots at fb b/c i've got a shit ton of zips thru ... jsut take a look on there now and you'll see them

They're not allowed:

"Ads cannot require viewers to click on the ad to submit Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone numbers, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses) on the landing page or in the ad, except to enable an ecommerce transaction and where the ad and landing page clearly indicate that a product is being sold."

and

"Ads cannot offer incentives to viewers for clicking on the ad, for submitting Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses), or for performing any other tasks."

If you're doing them, it's going to be a short lived campaign. If they haven't caught you yet, they will. Unless you're cloaking of course...

Facebook guidelines are such bullshit Facebook doesn't even follow them. The vast majority of email/zip ads I submit get approved without issue.