Youtube videos on facebook as links, not embeds

Vcize

3 what?!?
Aug 25, 2010
Anyone know how to do this shit? I want these people to be staring at my giant subscribe button when they watch my videos, not watching some little window embedded in their facebook feed.

If you don't know what I'm talking about...

When posting a link to a youtube video on my facebook fan page, when a user clicks the link in their feed it opens the video up in a small window right there in their facebook news feed.

I don't want it to start playing the video w/in facebook when they click the link, I want it to actually take them to the video on youtube like any other link would.

the only way i think you can force it is to click the 'X' in the right hand corner after you insert the link into your status update box.

This will remove the embedded thumbnail of the video and just have the hyperlink that will bring the user to the actual youtube page. only problem is i'm sure people will be less likely to click the video if they don't see the embedded video.

the only way i think you can force it is to click the 'X' in the right hand corner after you insert the link into your status update box.

This will remove the embedded thumbnail of the video and just have the hyperlink that will bring the user to the actual youtube page. only problem is i'm sure people will be less likely to click the video if they don't see the embedded video.

Yep, that's a shame as I agree, people will be much less likely to click a raw link than a thumbnail with title.

try writing your post + link and add a photo that looks like a video (with the play button in the middle) that will make them click and open the photo and more likely to press the link afterwards as well (they tried to watch the vid on facebook after all, right? so now they understand they need to click the link).
Good luck.