Status
Not open for further replies.

therookie

Cut to Black
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I suck at a sales pitch so I apologize in advance. Most of you have probably read through the How to Make 100k in a Year post. If you haven't already taken action on the idea from this post I recommend you do so. This is an easy way to make a killing offline.

Part of this post will require you to do some YellowPage scraping. I started a local business directory myself and I started to do the scraping for my town. By the time I got through the letter 'A' I wanted to shoot myself in the head. This is some boring ass shit. My town has about 1400 categories and would have taken me about 20+ hours to just scrape. Its definitely a time consuming project and I thought my time was worth more then that.

I found a very cheap solution IMO. I can scrape your entire town for only $.06 a URL and shoot them to you through email in a .zip file. So, my town would have only cost about $84. Now, if you are going to buy the YellowPage scraper that alone is $50.

How much is your time worth to you?
If you are like me you don't want to waste time doing these remedial tasks you could use my service.

Now, if you plan to do a lot of scraping and want to own the YellowPage scraper yourself that is fine. Or, if you wrote your own program to automate this process then this service obviously isn't for you. But, if you can't code for shit and want to get a quick turnaround (about 2-3 days) for an average size town this service is perfect for you.

Please PM me for details and you can ask questions here.

So you do yellow pages per town.

Can you go broad and be specific for a category?

Say XYZ shops in a certain state?

Also, can you scrap other sites than yellow pages?

Any volume discounts? Say 20000 car dealers?

Thanks
HH

Let me clarify a little bit. You won't actually be charged for every single listing in the file. You will be charged per URL. For example:

Here is the listing for "Automobile Dealers" in Minnesota. That is actually only 1 URL.

If you were doing a whole town, however you would get these listings
These are all the business categories in the town of Austin, MN. Each category represents 1 URL. So, if you were scraping the entire town you would come up with hundreds of URL's.

I can do either type of service but I will have a minimum charge of $10 even if it is only 1 URL like the first example.

I can only scrape from the YellowPages for the time being.

Let me clarify a little bit. You won't actually be charged for every single listing in the file. You will be charged per URL. For example:

Here is the listing for "Automobile Dealers" in Minnesota. That is actually only 1 URL.

If you were doing a whole town, however you would get these listings
These are all the business categories in the town of Austin, MN. Each category represents 1 URL. So, if you were scraping the entire town you would come up with hundreds of URL's.

I can do either type of service but I will have a minimum charge of $10 even if it is only 1 URL like the first example.

I can only scrape from the YellowPages for the time being.

Considering you can get a custom build scraper that runs from a win32 desktop for under $75 from 100,000 different developers on rentacoder.com, I'd say $.06/URL is a wee bit overpriced.

Why not build a site where they can do it online, then charge $.005 per record? Much more $$$ and you have a lot easier upsell and revenue potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.