Yankees parking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jened

Nov 28, 2006
upstate NY
Hi guys, my wife surprise me with Yankees tickets for my bday so we're driving down tomorrow morning. Any advice on parking? We'll be in the city all day. Not sure if we should park in the bronx and then take subway to midtown until gametime and then drive home from there or park elsewhere? Specific lots with street would be great if anyone can help me out. Thanks (and my massive rep) to anyone who can help.

In a few years they are going to have the train that will put you right next to the stadium but for now I would say stay far away from parking by the stadium unless you would like to spend hours in traffic.
Where exactly do you live? It would be easier to decide what you should do.

Reactions: jened
I usually park at a lot that's at E 162nd St. & River Ave. It's about a block away from the stadium, but easier to get out than the garage next to the stadium.

I'd suggest parking there early and taking the subway into the city and then back to the stadium.

After the game, take a right from the garage onto River Ave. - you can make it back to the Cross Bronx that way (if that's where you're trying to go).

I don't know the street names - I do it by sight. Just look on Google Maps and you can figure out the route.

Reactions: jened
Man, at times like these don't you wish personal jet packs were more feasible? Save your 2 liter soda bottles and you can build one LOL a water bottle jet pack - Google Video

Honestly, I hear NYC traffic is 2 or 3 times as bad as Chicago and I wouldn't send my worst enemy anywhere near a Chicago ballpark on game day. ebittner is probably right, take public trans.

thanks guys. so far shawn's sounds good. i'm from upstate albany area so i just need to get the heck out of there.

do not tell shawn about a really good parking spot, because he will tell the world.

thanks guys. so far shawn's sounds good. i'm from upstate albany area so i just need to get the heck out of there.
Ah not to bad, I am down a bit in Orange County.
Does metro north run up there because most of the time I just take the train into the city to Grand Central and then just take the subway where I need to go.

thanks guys, it worked out freaking awesome. we parked in the garage lot shawn suggested (#3 on the yankees parking map). we were there early when garage opened and had our choice of any spot and we parked close to exit facing out. about 8 minutes from bleachers to car and 8 more and we're on I-87 heading back north. jeter figure night and he gets game winning rbi in 10th. amazing game!

Status
Not open for further replies.