Yahoo SM

VanDurston

Feb 13, 2010
When first starting a PPC campaign on YSM, do you find it is better to use advanced match(broader) or standard match on kw's?

Campaign is a zip submit, I seem to be running about -50% ROI at about 50k impressions right now. Have been running about a week.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

I'm about to try yahoo again with a campaign but found I was usually getting a ton of clicks with fewer conversions in comparison to bing. I'm sure it depends what type of page you are running though.

yahoo organic seems to convert though.

now that I reread that has nothing to do with answering your question, sorry.

Last edited:
I seem to be getting a lot more impressions/clicks via Yahoo than via Bing/MSN.

For some reason adCenter disapproved basically all my kw's for content match. Not sure if that makes a difference at all or is related. Seems like everyone gets less volume on Bing.

It just looks like I am going to spend way more than is appropriate for a zip submit before I have any meaningful data.

Last edited:
well, I am getting less clicks through with bing, but more conversions...so this makes me :rasta:

I am getting LOW volume in Bing, and no conversions yet. I can't tell if I need to bump the bids or what.

All my conversions have been on YSM, but I am running negative ROI at the moment.

Someone told me I would need about 50 conversions to have enough meaningful data, but at this rate it is going to cost me $300 in traffic to get that data, which seems too high for a $2.25 payout.

I guess I should look at higher paying offers.

I was just under the impression that submits were lower cost/risk and I could cut my teeth on them easier.

Someone told me I would need about 50 conversions to have enough meaningful data, but at this rate it is going to cost me $300 in traffic to get that data, which seems too high for a $2.25 payout.

Who told you that ? Okay, you will get 50 conversions and VERY negative ROI and data, ok. What is next ? Did he told you ?

I don't know, Bing is growing, already 13% of all market. Was like 7 not so long ago. How it can be ?