Yahoo just charged me $15,000

JasperP

Oct 20, 2008
nerdyaffiliate.com
Yesterday, I just received 7 charges from Yahoo Search Marketing that added up to $15k+.

I also didn't have the auto-recharge on, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Bank of America put a hold, but I can't even use my card until all this crap is resolved.

Calling them on 866-YAHOO-SM leads to nowhere

Anyone else experience that?

They do this gay shit once your balance goes down like 3x of your daily spend, some shit like that. Had the same thing happen to be but with a total of $5,000 in charges. Pissed me off so badly that I stopped promoting shit there for now, and letting the funds sit.

I know though that if you email them and ask to be taken of auto-charge, they will do so.

They do this gay shit once your balance goes down like 3x of your daily spend, some shit like that. Had the same thing happen to be but with a total of $5,000 in charges. Pissed me off so badly that I stopped promoting shit there for now, and letting the funds sit.

I know though that if you email them and ask to be taken of auto-charge, they will do so.
RWAR BEWARE OF THE ROISHARES

Try emailing them and see what they say, should be a decent turn around time.

I had auto-charge removed like months ago. I also haven't used YSM for like 6 months.

Seems like a disgruntled employee went nuts on my account.

I emailed them about 6-7 hours ago. No response yet.

YSM is so gay

I went through a similar situation. The whole process literally took 8+ hours to resolve. I thought i was going to kill someone after that..

i'm not such a fan of yahoo now.

Send an email via the support inside YSM to billing

Request a refund for the exact amount and include the last 4 digits of the card used. 2-3 days and it should be processed

Best thing to do is move the traffic to MSN since it converts better for almost everything anyways. Yahoo has a terrible system set up as far as billing.

Yeah, my card got blocked a couple days ago because they repeatedly charged it. I had to call my cards fraud protection people to get it working again.

They did this once for me too and it was right before a long holiday weekend which really messed me up.

In my case they decided they need to "optimize" one of my campaigns without telling me and they just started charging me for it. It was wacko.

I only do manual refill with them.

That's why I stopped working with Yahoo, what a bunch of lame mother fuckers.

Unlike Google, Yahoo actually has a number to call.

I called them up because my campaign got slapped and I was paying $7 bucks a click and burned through my budget. They actually went ahead and refunded my money for the 2 days it ran like that. So I bet if you called them and explain what happened they will give you your money back.

Yahoo's support is 10x better than google.

A similar situation happened to me a few years back... my account "magically" got unpaused and auto-recharge was turned on too. Yahoo ran through about $2k of clicks until I noticed the credit card charges. I gave customer support a call, informed them of the situation, and after a minute of research, they informed me "since we could not find any evidence of you logging in on x/x to active your campaigns, we will be refunding your account."

Try calling them during PST business hours.

No one seems to know how the actual Yahoo algorithm seems to work. I tried to run some campaigns for Europe a while back and automatically got slammed with $1k. I got it refunded but when these guys can charge your card at will, expect them to fuck you over because they have no idea what's going on.

Yahoo does some crazy bs billing. I hate their autobill with a passion, it's totally scammy. ...and when the hell are they ever going to clean up their search partner network? Bastards...