xx Biz Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMatrix

Jun 25, 2006
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a great business opportunity for someone with about a hundred dollars to risk.

Yes, I am new to online business, even though I have been around for years. Lee Dodd has inspired me to try to achieve something.

Thanks for reading.

~Dave

$100 to risk is not a lot. You shouldn't ask for ideas, just browse the forums and make a site on something you like.

Look at aojon's suggestions for niches, get a dreamhost account, install wordpress, mod the look, blog away.

donn said:
Look at aojon's suggestions for niches, get a dreamhost account, install wordpress, mod the look, blog away.

Exactly what I was going to say.. and take $75 of that and spend it on getting your site some traffic since you have the cash for it. If this sounds like too much work for you, then buy $100 worth of scratch off lottery cards, and maybe you'll hedge your investment and make lots more.

Well if Lee is your inspiration then you could try starting a community site. $100 broken down-

$7 Domain registration
$6.95/mo Hosting (used 1yr pricing at Hostgator but I have no exp with them)
$0 phpBB

Total = $90.40 for your first year's operating cost.

Now just go out and spread the word about your site!

It's probably made up of people interested in making money online... whether it be blogs, forums, or any other type of site

Do as Payton said, domain & hosting, bank the rest. $100 really doesn't open many doors unless you can put in a very serious amount of time and effort on your own part. Spend your time reading this forum and blogs (There is a thread called "favorite marketing blogs", I think, here.) There is more than enough information for free that will get you started on your way to earning a few thousand a month. Take it to the next level and the sky is the limit.

Jon said:
Exactly what I was going to say.. and take $75 of that and spend it on getting your site some traffic since you have the cash for it. If this sounds like too much work for you, then buy $100 worth of scratch off lottery cards, and maybe you'll hedge your investment and make lots more.
buying traffic? Is there a way of buying traffic that can give you a positive ROI on your blog?
Seems to me like when you're going to buy traffic for even only 2 cents a visitor you need an ecpm on your blog of 20.:confused:

peach said:
buying traffic? Is there a way of buying traffic that can give you a positive ROI on your blog?
Seems to me like when you're going to buy traffic for even only 2 cents a visitor you need an ecpm on your blog of 20.:confused:

Well, by buying traffic you don't have to wait days for it like you may have to do with a totally new project compared to natural traffic. That's possibly the best incentive. But yeah, you can buy very cheap clickthrough traffic from SearchFeed.com at around $0.01-$0.03 a click. The quality isn't the greatest, but if you make your sites filled up with YPN or Adsense, and you style it so that it attracts clicks on your ads like a magnet, then your ROI is going to be quite massive.

Dreamhost, code "777", gets you a year of hosting and one domain for $9. That'll give you everything you need to start a site and leave you with $90 left over for whatever. I'd spend it on something you're not good at, whether that be design, content generation, traffic, whatever.

This has to be the cheapest business in the world to get into, and the sky is the limit. You can't say that about many other professions.

RedMatrix said:
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a great business opportunity for someone with about a hundred dollars to risk.
There are truly great business opportunities all around the web, but some time, dedication and discipline can take you a lot further than a hundred bucks.

Even if you decided not to spend a cent, you could still get something started with a free blog, uniquely arranged public content and some creative linkbaiting.

It all comes down to the power of your vision, focus and perserverance.

Thanks, JDA.

But you all, I wasn't talking about forum opportunities.
I know forums. I've been an admin on multiple forums since 3 years ago. I never monetized, though. :(

Anyhow, i was thinking domains, articles, paid posting, etc. Something with a relatively quick turnaround.

Does anybody know of something that is not a forum I could check out?

I started with nothing, worked my way up from learning how to code and coding for clients. Made a few sites and sold some. I have quite a bit that can be put away ready to invest.

It's really simple to change $100 into thousands if you do the right things.

I would have a look what turnkey sites are selling really well on SitePoint and create a few of them and sell so you have more capital. Once you have a nice amount and know what you're doing then get started. :)

:)

Get a adsense account (get a blogger blog and post once a day for a week and then apply)

get a domain (and hosting) from was it dreamhost for $9..

Install mambo.. it is free
Get 100 articles on something that interests you , rewrite them a little
Load mambo up with them all, set it to post one new article a day.

Add your site to link directories..
Maybe exchange links or put the links in your forum signatures..

Go do the same with 10 other accounts (11X $9=$99)..

Wait till they have some traffic and some earnings and then start selling them off one by one.. and in the mean time you will be earning with adsense..

Just a idea

Paul

Jon said:
Well, by buying traffic you don't have to wait days for it like you may have to do with a totally new project compared to natural traffic. That's possibly the best incentive. But yeah, you can buy very cheap clickthrough traffic from SearchFeed.com at around $0.01-$0.03 a click. The quality isn't the greatest, but if you make your sites filled up with YPN or Adsense, and you style it so that it attracts clicks on your ads like a magnet, then your ROI is going to be quite massive.

Thanks for the tip, I look up search feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.