WTF Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
I just got like 10 emails from Yahoo. 1 or 2 of them telling me my ads stopped running due to low balance followed by 8 emails charging my card at $100 a pop. WTF is wrong with their system, I am spending about $400 per day right now so I am assuming they like 3X that amount as a balance in your account even though the shit is prepaid?

Anyone else get this?

I just got like 10 emails from Yahoo. 1 or 2 of them telling me my ads stopped running due to low balance followed by 8 emails charging my card at $100 a pop. WTF is wrong with their system, I am spending about $400 per day right now so I am assuming they like 3X that amount as a balance in your account even though the shit is prepaid?

Anyone else get this?
Yeah, even if you run prepaid, if your balance is "low", meaning it drops below your average spend over the past three days, they'll automatically charge you 3 times your average spend over the past three days.

They usually do it in one go though, not in $100 batches, so that part is a little off.

you have control over the amount of the auto-charges via your admin panel. It's annoying as shit though, I've got mine set to $300 and sometimes see 6 or 7 charges in a row. I'd almost rather go back to prepaid and just load up the account manually.

You can get charged in whatever amount you specify in your account. Depending on the time you signed up there were different defaults.

You can edit it in the admin panel.

It's normal.

Yup, you need to contact support and have them change the default or settings to what you want. Yahoo is a pain in the ass with that

Yahoo is just behind with everything. The prepaid system is stupid. Secondly, navigating through the YSM is painful and cluttered.
they suck.
This is why I am short YHOO stock and am long GOOG

Anyone else get this?

Its their prepaid system which charges you in advance for 3 days of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.