WTF, why was this not mentioned here?!?!

Because most of the people here are like 15 years old and have no idea who Andy Griffith was. That's why.

That being said, it was a sad day. I fondly recall days watching the antics in Mayberry with my grandparents as a youngster, rest their souls as well as Andy's.

I tried teaching my budgie the Andy Griffith theme song as a kid with my double cassette player playing the shit non stop for a few months - didn't work but the shit is definitely stuck in my head for life from that.

RIP

I am pissed about the actor's stance on obombacare too, but I gotta give the Show props for being an exemplary role model for good fathering and ethics in the country.

If you could go back in time and replace the Andy Griffith show with another stupid sitcom like the brady bunch, I'm pretty sure this country would be post-apocalyptic right now. It was that much of a good example on america.

But as for the actor himself, he has said many times that Sherriff Taylor was just a part, he was nothing like him. Indeed his personal life resembles it very little, he even fought alcoholism most of his career.

Did no one here watch the The Andy Griffith Show growing up?

You're the last one left, but Matlock is a different story...

AndyGriffithMatlockCrop.jpg