WTF - Where did my site go on Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash

Mar 19, 2007
Victorville, CA
So I had a search term that I ranked fairly well in. I was moving around between number 2 and 4 for the last two months. Today, it's fucking gone. The first mention of my site is 70 some odd deep. I haven't changed anything. I did pay for some directory submissions though. What happened or how can I find out? 70 percent of my traffic is organic!

Don't freak out yet. Could be some datacenter updating. Wait a couple days and see where you are.

don't freak out yet, cause if your site falls off of google, you can always resort to selling #@$#% ebooks like homebrew!

inbound links won't hurt you, otherwise we could all blackhat other competition and get them bumped from google.

How old is the site? Newer sites will shuffle a lot even though you may have seen a couple months of stability.

BTW, this is yet another reason why bulk is better..... as some drop in ranks, others gain, etc.

I have a theory on what happened. I recently posted 4 press releases from the manufacturer of the item. Those filled most of the first page and probably fell under Google's new duplicate content policy. So I took it all back off the first page. How long will it take to get back up front? The site is about 9 month's old and for the last 5 months has always been on the first page.

Damn, one of my sites disappeared again. It did this two times this past winter. It's weird though, because another one of my sites, thats not even that popular, is on the first page of the SERPs now and it has like no backlinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.