WP Themes in other Software

craigmc

Mar 13, 2010
Gump Town
I know this may seem a stupid question to most of you, but what the hell. :) Is it possible to use WP themes with say XsitePro ? The reason I ask is there are some great themes being spread around that I would like to use with this.

Seriously, I'm looking for help. Not dickrolls or smart ass answers please.

Take the HTML/CSS and recreate it in its respective format is your best bet.

Thanks for the reply. Now I guess I really need to learn how to do that. :) I'm really thinking about doing this if I can't find what I'm looking for. If successful I'll be happy to share it here.

I hate to toot my own horn but seriously consider wordpress. Then join megathemesclub.com to get all the premium wordpress themes that you would ever need.

When it comes down to it you will be happier with wordpress than any webdesign software.

Maybe I should look harder at wordpress. Most all the WP sites I've seen are blogs that pretty much look the same. The colors may be different, and the header has a different splash, but the layouts all look canned.

You really can't use WP themes with xsitepro - xsitepro requires that you have a header, side (menu), and footer design area. It's pretty easy to make with any graphics program.

A number of tutorials out there on how to do that.

BUT

Wordpress has a ton of advantages that xsitepro sites don't. Comments (with good stable system), 1000's of plugins, pinging, trackbacks, etc.. Plus you can make them look just about how ever you need it to. Pages can have different looks than posts, templates can be hacked, you can have two sidbars, a footer menu, etc..

Hands down WP gives you more options than xsite.

Maybe I should look harder at wordpress. Most all the WP sites I've seen are blogs that pretty much look the same. The colors may be different, and the header has a different splash, but the layouts all look canned.

You can do practically anything with Wordpress. You've probably run into sites that were on it and didn't even know it. I use it as a CMS whenever possible.