Would you sell SnowboardingTalk.com for $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezinestein

Apr 18, 2007
Hey all,

I had someone email me this morning offering $600 for SnowboardingTalk.com. I've written to Lord Brar but also wanted to ask you guys what would you take for this name? Is $600 good enough?

Best,
ez

Decent opening offer, if you can use the money close it right away, if not then counter with $1500 and see how that goes.

2 cents

Thanks for the response Edwin. I'd love a few more if anyone thinks anything at all.

Thx again,
ez

Seems like potential to at least make $600 every month or two with proper development.

Keep it if you don't need the cash.

I would evaluate what you were going to use it for. Do you think in a month,6months 12 months You'll be able to profit 600 dollars from it. I can see that you dont have anything uploaded to it right now so I would think this guy really wants it otherwise he wouldnt have offered the money.

I would counter with 2000. The guy is looking specifically for that brand and you shouldnt undersell him. I could think of several ways to exploit that domain name and use it to make well over 2 grand in a 6 month span.

Think about how you could use this domain and bring so much content to it....spend some time developing it out and if it brings in money o awesome and you like it....You could have an awesome brand....and if worse comes to worse. 6 months down the road with content in hand offer to sell for even more.

Cheers and Good Luck.

As just an undeveloped domain I'd sell it. IMHO domains aren't worth shit unless you find the right person to purchase..
Sounds like you got someone with tunnel vision that would really like to buy your domain. Make a nice counter offer and see what happens. If you don't sell to this guy(who probably jizzes in his pants over snowboards), it may be a while until you see any further action on the site.

When you look at it.. it's a 16 character domain, and really how many times a month is "snowboard talk" searched for(at wordtracker I got "no results" for this keyword). Based on the raw data I really don't think this domain is worth a lot UNLESS you find the right guy to buy it.

Sell it with a smile my friend.. :)

I would sell. I don't think it's that amazing of a domain that you couldnt make a similar site with a different domain. I'd take the $600 and then if you want to start a snowboard forum later you can just pick up a new name. Thats just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.